New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))

Go down 
+3
Warboss_Spriggs
Velox
Magus1108
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) Empty
PostSubject: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:41 am

A quick note. This is a reboot of the previous Gate Keepers RP. If you participated in it before, you are welcome to rejoin if you wish. If you rejoin, you can either retake your old character(s) or make new ones entirely. It is at your discretion. And for those who did not join the first time, I would happily welcome you all in! The more the merrier! No knowledge of the Gate Keepers franchise is needed to join at all. This RP is considered a standalone work. If you have any questions, please PM me!

Now, on with the show!

--------------------------------------------------

“Come….come to our World!”

That is the first thing they say to you after they have you cornered. There are a dozen of these freaks, now surrounding you. For a lack of a better word, these…creatures look like monsters. They have the same number of appendages as humans, and have the same basic shape, but that is were all similarities end. They are monstrous beasts, animals that have never seen the light of day. However, you are too terrified to really study the creatures in depth. Had the situation been different, though, these strange and interesting creatures may have fascinated you.

They come closer, and you grab the nearest object to use for a weapon. A broken metal pipe will not do much harm, you think, but you won’t go down without a fight. Hoping you can cause a distraction to escape, you toss the metal pipe at the creatures with great strength, and rush away from them. They move so fast you don’t even notice them for a second before you nearly barrel into one of the monsters. You fall flat on your posterior and try to back away from them. They maintain their advance toward you, continuing their chanting of, “Come to our World!”

You slowly realize with great horror that, no matter what you try, you cannot escape from these…beasts. Your only weapon, even if it was a nearly useless weapon like a pipe, didn’t even seem to put a dent into these animals. With despairing terror, you realize that you will die. At this point, no one can save you now. You close your eyes as they started to descend on you, pray to whoever is listening that this won’t be too painful….

Then, they appear. Out of nowhere, several individuals show up and begin fighting these monsters. All attention is taken off of you as the two sides began to battle to the death. The fight seems to last forever, though you only find out later it had been fifteen minutes. The creatures that were going to kill you are now gone. You stand up with shaky legs, turn to thank your saviors…but they’re now gone. In fact, looking around, you don’t even notice any remains for the defeated monsters. If it weren’t for your memory, you would swear that nothing abnormal had happened at all.

Now that you’re left alone, you gradually get your wits back and start to make your way back home. While you play back that weird and frightening moment, you can come up with no answers as to what truly happened. You are left with many questions, but no one to answer them. Perhaps, you think, it is better that way as you try to push that event out of your mind.

-------------------

A few nights later, the mysterious creatures appear to you again. They corner you once more, chanting their bizarre phrase over and over again. This time, though, you have no real means to defend yourself. No broken pipe placed conveniently nearby to help you out. Though it probably wouldn’t have done you any good, you reflect.

However, something feels…different, this time. You cannot put your finger on it, but as they encroach around you, you feel strangely…calm, like you know that they won’t succeed in killing you. It almost feels like something inside of you has changed. Awakened, maybe. They are only a few feet away now, and it seems that your rescuers from last time won’t be here in time to save the day. But as they converge to you, a strange power starts to rush through your veins. An indescribable feeling goes through you. In a single moment, you feel almost like an almighty God. You raise a single outstretched hand toward the monsters. Then, a single phrase comes to your mind: Without knowing why, you feel compelled to say it. So you shout,

“Open the Gate!”

To your amazement, a ring of light opens before you. Without even thinking, you use the power inside it. You easily use it to destroy the creatures before you in a single blow. The monsters give out a single cry before dying, and then disappearing as they all s turn into glowing pink crystals, strangely enough. For a long while, you simply stand there, even more confused than ever as to what has happened. Then you quickly leave, hoping that you never encounter those monsters again.

--------------------------------

Several days later, you learn the proper name for these aliens. Invaders. Nothing flashy or even remotely exotic sounding. Just simply, Invaders. But even with their mediocre name (or so you think at the time), you know that they are still quite fearsome foes. You learn all this, and more, from an older Chinese woman who approached you. She claims to be the head of the New York branch of AEGIS, whatever the hell that is.

As she explains about the Invaders and the mysterious power you used earlier, you grow incredulous about her claims. But she proves herself to be telling the truth, as she demonstrates that she has a power similar to yours. The power both you and she share is something called a ‘Gate’, a supernatural ability that allows you to summon otherworldly weapons or other types of powers to use to combat the Invaders. The Invaders themselves, apparently, are impervious to all earthly weapons, and only the abilities of a ‘Gate Keeper’ (as they classify people like you) can kill them.

The woman claims that no one knows what exactly the Invaders are, though it is theorized that they are aliens of some type. Whatever they are, though, so far their only purpose seems to be to destroy humanity. They attack humans and governments all over the world, though they are secretive about their strikes. Most world governments know of their existence, the older woman says, so that is why AEGIS exists in the first place. Their ultimate goal is to protect humanity, and to destroy the Invaders.

Thus, you are presented with a choice: go back to your normal, dull life, or help mankind and combat these monsters alongside other Gate Keepers and AEGIS members. Of course, you accept the Chinese woman’s offer. After all, why wouldn’t you?

Of course, at the time, you couldn’t have known what horrors would follow this decision.

----------------------------------------

This RP is technically based on the anime ‘Gate Keepers’ and ‘Gate Keepers 21’, though you have to have seen neither to join this RP. No knowledge of either show is required. I should be able to explain everything here, though if you still have any questions, please PM me.

GATE KEEPERS:

Humans with the ability to summon a ring of light, which will allow them to use an almost supernatural power, though what kind of ability you have various between each and every Gate Keeper. You may have an offensive type of power, or a defensive one. Say, you have the ability to heal someone (defensive-ish), or a better example; you can summon a wall of light to protect yourself.

As for offensive, for example, you could have a fire based Gate power. Other than their powers, though, a Gate Keeper is a perfectly normal person. Albeit they have access to supernatural and unearthly powers, but "norma" nonetheless.

As for the nature of the Gates themselves, no one knows quite what they are, supposedly. Scientists theorize the Gates' power comes from some sort of alterate dimension or something, but investigations into the matter have proven inconclusive. However, they have managed to replicate the powers and effects of Gates, at a small level. A truly artifical Gate Keeper has yet to be created.

INVADERS:

Twisted beings of (supposedly) unknown origin that attacks and preys on humans and the rest of humankind. They are monstrous beings that can easily kill a man, and are invulnerable to every earthly weapon, except for the powers of a Gate. It is (supposedly) unknown if the Invaders have any types of organizational structure, or a hierarchy of some type. However, even if they don’t have a united leader, Invaders come in all different shapes and sizes, though their most common appearance is that of a mechanical looking beast, wearing a trench coat that covers dozens of implanted guns inside their chest. Aside from that weapon, they also use a harmful acid they can spray from their mouths to kill a human, and use their own strength and claw-like hands to tear someone to shreds.

Invaders are not to be taken likely, especially since they can take on the appearance of a regular person and infiltrate society. Sleeper agents, of sorts, that can only be awakened under certain conditions. That fact is what makes the Invaders most dangerous. For you truly never know who could be an Invader sleeper agent.

AEGIS:

A secret organization created by the UN and the United States to combat the threat of the Invaders. It was founded in the early 1950’s, and it still has the same purpose today. They are to search for Gate Keepers all over the world so they can utilize their talents to fight and destroy the Invaders.

AEGIS has branches all over the world, and the UN and the United States has given them the highest possible authority. They have the ability to override any branch of any government, if the need should ever arise. They are also well funded. AEGIS has some of the most advanced technology in the world, all so they can fight the Invaders successfully, and boost the powers of their Gate Keeper members.

IMITATION GATES:

A quick note on Imitation Gates. As the name implies, they are weapons that imitate the powers of actual Gates. In order to best hide them, AEGIS scientists have fashioned Imitation Gates to look like regular cellphones, though with major differences. To use a Imitation Gate, one must type in a certain number combination on the cellphone for it to work. What type of Imitation Gate it is, then, depends on the type of cellphone holding an IG.

For example, red IG cellphones hold the Gate of Fire, white the Gate of Life, blue the Gate of Walls, green the Gate of Illusion, and so on and so forth.

THE LOCATION:

The setting of this story is New York City, New York, in the year 2010. Let it be known, though, I have absolutely no knowledge of New York except the barest of facts. So I’ll make a lot of mistakes about locations of the city, and such. All of the teen characters are attending the same high-school/junior high, because once they became AEGIS members, the organization transferred them there so they could have access to the Gate Keepers at any moment, if need be. Most of the adult characters will probably be working at the school as well, unless they did not want AEGIS to transfer them out of their regular job.

THE CHARACTERS:

There must be a wide variety of races, sexes, ages, and so on for all the Gate Keepers. After all, the setting does take place in NYC. People of all kinds of walks of life live there. So having an all white cast who are all around the same age won’t do. Just so you all know. Even if one of your characters isn’t a Gate Keeper, they should still vary in all the main categories.

As a quite note, you can also play an Invader, if you so wish. However, please consulte me first before making such a character.

Just to be clear, in all honesty I would prefer to see a cast with a variety of races and ages. You all can make high-school kids if you want, that's up to you. Just saying.

RULES:

1: No God-modding of any kind. Even if your character has a Gate power, they’re not gods. They can be injured by Invaders, even killed if they’re not careful.
2: No Mary Sues either. Your character cannot be perfect!
3: Proper grammar and spelling is needed for this RP. Slang, considering this is New York, is….acceptable, but don’t use it every other post.
4: You may have as many characters as you want, so long as you keep track of them.
5: Romance is allowed; though don’t let it go above PG-13.
6: Ditto for violence. Please don’t be too gory with the details.
7: This RP is rated T-M.
8: I have the right to add to these rules or change them.
9: Please do not fill the RP up with one-line posts.
10: Say, “Open the Gate!” to be accepted.

CHARACTER SHEET:

Username:
Name:
Race:
Gate Keeper? (If yes, what power?):
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Additional Information:

Last edited by Magus1108 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:48 pm

{Cool! Gotta find my earlier characters...}
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Username: Magus1108
Name: Feng Fei Ling
Race: Chinese
Gate Keeper? (If yes, what power?): Yes, the Gate of Fire.
Appearance: http://deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/File:Sachiko_Yagami.jpg
Personality: Feng Ling is a peaceful and calm woman most of the time, though she has an aura of sorrow hanging around her. Still, Feng tries to be cheerful as possible. Feng is also fiercely protective of the men and women serving with her in the AEGIS branch of New York, especially the children. She even considers some of them almost like her own kids.

History: Feng Fei Ling was original born in 1957 in China, and lived there during the younger years of her childhood. Her mother died giving birth to her, and her father wasn’t around, so it was up to her older brother and her grandfather to take care of her. For the most part, Feng lived a happy life until, one day; the Chinese government took her grandfather and older brother away, with no explanation as to why. After that day, Feng never saw her grandfather or brother again.

After living in a Chinese orphanage for a few years, Feng discovered her abilities as a Gate Keeper, specifically using the Gate of Fire. She soon gained the attention of the Chinese branch of AEGIS, and they took her in and trained her. When she was twelve and had mostly mastered the Gate of Fire, Feng Ling was given her first assignment and was sent to the Japanese branch of AEGIS, located in Tokyo. Back then, in the late 1960s, Invader activity and presence in Japan had increased there tenfold, more so than any other place in the world. Feng befriended many of her Japanese colleagues at the AEGIS branch there, and worked with them to help contain the amount of Invader activity in Japan.

After the Invader Cataclysm of Japan in 1970, Feng Ling and many of her Gate Keeper friends were nearly killed by a rogue Gate Keeper supporting the Invaders, Reiji Kageyama. Thankfully they were able to band together and (with the help of New York’s Gate Keeper agents) successfully defeated the rogue Gate Keeper and the Invaders in Japan, dealing a major blow to the Invader movement. For the next few years for Feng Ling, things were relatively quiet in Japan and for the rest of the world. Invader activity dropped to unseen levels, AEGIS grew in power and political force, and there seemed to be more Gate Keepers being discovered more each year. For a time, it seemed as if they finally won against the Invaders.

In 1982, the Invaders returned with a vengeance. Their numbers suddenly increased to those even above the 1960s level, and they attacked worldwide with greater force than ever. Feng—and many of her friends in Japan—were eventually transferred to other branches where they were most needed. Feng and her friend Reiko were transferred to the New York branch to help the AEGIS members there. After another ten years, AEGIS transferred Reiko to the Sweden branch, where she later retired after resigning her post. Feng, however, stayed with the New York branch.

More years passed. In the late 1990s, Feng was promoted as the new leader of New York’s AEGIS branch, being the most senior and prominent member there at the time. Since then she has lead her branch with the best care and management Feng could muster, and has been proven to be a successful leader. While Feng herself does not go out into the frontlines anymore, unless under special circumstances, she has continued to scout for new Gate Keepers and help train them to effectively use their powers.

Additional Information: Feng is married to a young AEGIS scientist in New York, nicknamed Specs. For the most part Specs is the Gate Keepers engineer and supplier, providing them with the Gate Imitation cell phones and other weapons to combat the Invaders with.

Last edited by Magus1108 on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:31 am

Username: Warboss_Spriggs
Name: Stryker
Race: Invader
Gate Keeper? (If yes, what power?): No

Appearance: Stryker (White instead of blue; Beige instead of white) Also, wears black gloves and [/i]Sunglasses.
Personality: Cold and calculating, he has ambitions for great power. Cares for no one and will use anyone or anything that can further his ambitions until their services are no longer required.
History: Unknown
Additional Information: Given his mostly mechanical nature, Stryker is unable to consume wholly organic lifeforms; however, he has the ability to consume other Invaders in order to improve his physiology, otherwise known as 'evolving.'

He is also notoriously difficult to kill...

Given my character's disposition...

[i]“Consume the Gate!”

Last edited by Warboss_Spriggs on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 3:50 am

Accepted, Warboss!
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:50 pm

Username: almostinsane99
Name: Shiv McFlaggan
Race: Caucasion (2/3 Irish, 1/3 German)
Gate Keeper? (If yes, what power?): Gate of Energy Manipulation; is able to create objects out of energy like knives, baseball bats, etc. which last for a short time.
Appearance: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/111/2/a/Getting_Back_to_Your_Roots_2_by_emif.jpg
Personality: Shiv, to put it bluntly, never takes anything seriously. He jokes around most of the time, no matter how dire the situation is and, to be honest, he sees life as just one big game or adventure.
History: Shiv lived in a perfectly normal town in the Midwestern United States and, to be honest, he was a bit bored with his life. His parents were nice and all, but the town they lived in was incredibly dull and Shiv kept getting in trouble for pulling pranks on almost everyone. One day, he was walking home from detention when the Invaders attacked him and the Gatekeepers saved him before vanishing. Of course, he was attacked again, but this time used his own mysterious powers, he was found by AEGIS members. When he was asked to join, he did so without hesitation and now attends the high school in New York and has never been happier.
Other:

Username: almostinsane99
Name: Jeff Connors
Race: Caucasion
Appearance: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs48/f/2009/186/5/1/5119bd249fd7cbd9c1f4b074817b3d2e.jpg
Personality: Curious and hardworking, Jeff is a typical man living in New York. He loves to find out secrets and solve mysteries. He is nice enough, but isn't afraid to be rude when pursuing a story.
History: Jeff is a journalist for a prominent newspaper in New York City. He loves his job, especially when he gets to choose his own assignments. Jeff has earned a reputation for getting all the facts, something which he is proud of. Recently, he has noticed some strange happenings in the city such as people disappearing and new residents of the city seeming to know each other. He has vowed to uncover the truth and bring it to the people, possibly making his career on that story.
Other:

"Open the Gate!"

Last edited by almostinsane99 on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Accepted, AI.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Sounds like I need to add another anime to my list to watch. And I also know nothing of New York City, nor do I know anything about Spencer-Chapin or Rockefeller University, aside from the fact that they are real places.

Oh, and “Open the Gate!”

Username: Casey Jewels

Name: Alyvia (pronounced “Olivia”)

Race: White

Gate Keeper?: No

Appearance: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) RGb8pr4
Found here: http://endling.deviantart.com/art/Enthusiasm-243849276
She’s the one on the right. Alyvia’s light blonde hair always hangs loose, falling to her waist, and her brown eyes are large and full of emotion. She has claw marks across her left eye, as well as across the bottom of her right cheek. Her skin is fair, and she has a light dash of freckles on her cheeks. She wears a Best Friends half a heart necklace, with the half that says ‘friends’.

Personality: Alyvia is a social butterfly. She loves to meet new people and to be out in the world. She doesn’t have a negative bone in her body, and is always smiling, always happy. She’s also a hard worker, and puts others’ happiness before her own.

History: Alyvia lost her parents in a car crash when she was only three. She was an only child of only children, and the few relatives that were found were considered unsuitable for raising a child. As such, she was placed into Spence-Chapin’s orphanage, where she met Anoki. He was the one who comforted her that night when she was scared, and the one that watched out for her in the days, weeks, months, and years that followed.

Because of her friendly personality, it wasn’t hard to find people who wanted to adopt her, but she refused to go anywhere without Anoki, and the few times she was adopted out anyways, she was always brought back within the week, because she couldn’t stand being apart from him. Those times were the few that she could not remain happy.

When she was thirteen, Anoki became an adult. He stayed close to her, going to a local university and living in an apartment nearby, and while life was less than perfect, it was still good.

But then she and him were walking back to the orphanage late one night, when she was fifteen, and they were attacked. Anoki saved her, and she’s never forgotten that.

At sixteen, Anoki adopted her, and, even with all of their problems, life was perfect again.

Additional Information: Alyvia and Anoki see themselves as siblings, though they are not actually related; her left eye is slightly damaged, but she can still see out of it; she is aware of everything going on, as she and Anoki have no secrets; oh, and she attends the same high school as the other Gate Keepers.

Username: Casey Jewels

Name: Anoki

Race: Native American

Gate Keeper?: Yes, Gate of Decay

Appearance: Same pic as above, but the one on the left. Anoki’s skin is a dark brown, and his hair is black and is just long enough to pull it into a ponytail, but he lets it hang loose most of the time. He usually has a feather in his hair, just behind his left ear, and he wears the other half of the Best Friends necklace, to humor Alyvia. His eyes are a deep blue, and unreadable. He’s a few inches shorter than his friend, but is well-muscled.

Personality: Anoki is as negative as Alyvia is positive. He’s moody, and spends much of his time worrying over his sister and her wellbeing. He doesn’t take crap from anybody, and Alyvia has stopped him on more than one account from getting into a fight. He’s fiercely loyal, and will do whatever is needed to come out ahead, but Alyvia is always his first priority. He has the occasional panic attack, but passes them off as nothing.

History: Anoki was a child of the streets. His mother was a lady of the night, and also a supplier to the underground child network (yes, that underground child network) with any accidental pregnancies she had. Anoki lived through Heck, until he was found wandering the streets at the age of four, where he then was placed into Spence-Chapin’s. He never spoke of his past to anyone, though the workers there knew that he has suffered some type of abuse, from the way he acted around everyone, but then he met Alyvia when he was eight, and her presence made him strong.

Nobody wanted to adopt a child like Anoki—partially because of his personality, and partially because of his race—and so he spent the next several years worrying over being separated from his sister. But his worrying was in vain, because she always came back to him.

He worked when he was older, and, with a little bit of help from the government, he managed to get himself an apartment nearby when he turned eighteen, and he was accepted into the closet university—Rockefeller. He kept constant contact with Alyvia, and the two of them often went off on their own.

But one night, at the age of twenty, Anoki was walking home alone, and he was attacked. He tried to put it out of his mind, convincing himself that it was nothing more than a bad dream, a horrible panic attack, and thus it was only a few nights later he was walking Alyvia back to the orphanage. The Invaders reappeared, and cornered the two of them. They attacked Alyvia just as he opened the Gate. The monsters were easily defeated, but the damage was done. Anoki brought his sister back to the orphanage unconscious and bleeding, giving them a story about a wild dog. It was a few days later he learned the truth, but still he has never been able to forgive himself for what happened to his sister.

A year later, Anoki adopted Alyvia, and they moved to a new apartment, this one closer to the rest of New York’s Gate Keepers.

Additional Information: Anoki and Alyvia see themselves as siblings, though they are not actually related.

Finished!

Last edited by Casey Jewels on Mon May 08, 2023 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:07 pm

Ooh, I really like them, Casey! Accepted! Though I am most curious as to what Gate power Anoki has. And worry not, I know not a lick of New York City either. I'll be making it up as I go along. XD
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 11:58 pm

Name: Pandora
Race: Invader
Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=female+Sith#/d1w9pf0
Personality: Classified
History: Classifed
Additional Information: Classified

Last edited by Magus1108 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Definitely going to re-join. Just let me find my old characters
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:05 pm

Noted.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 5:44 pm

So I edited my old characters a little and got rid of Pierre.

"Open the Gates!"

Username: TokoToTheEnd
Name: Charlie Nichols
Race: Mixed (2/3 caucasian, 1/3 hispanic)
Gate Keeper? (If yes, what power?): Yes, Shadows
Appearance: https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=Gatekeeper.png
Personality: Charlie is a perceptive girl. She is a realist and tends to put in her opinion about things, usually shutting down an idea then raising it up. She is sensitive to others' feelings, but she doesn't like to interfer in their problems. She tends to cut herself off somewhat so that she usually sees drama and the like from the outside without being actually involved. Dismissive upon just meeting her, she can be warmer around friends.
History: Charlie grew up right outside a hood in New York City. Her mother, being mixed, didn't want to move away from where she grew up, but she also didn't want her child to lived in such a place so she settled for right outside. Being of middle class, Charlie went to a normal public school. In middle school she joined an all girl's gang but eventually left it after realizing it wasn't the thing for her.

In high school, Charlie joined the school's newspaper, liking the idea of being able to give her opinion about things. She reports on random happenings at school and is starting to carry a camera and notepad around with her. Charlie was attacked by an Invader a year ago and a month later joined AEGIS.
Other:

Name: Chad Michael
Race: Caucasian
Appearance: https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=prince.jpg
Personality: Chad is a laidback guy and seems out of it at times. He is overly friendly and tries to be nice to everyone and doesn't let negative things get to him. He is also sympathetic and enjoys listening to others' problems, offering advice although he knows he can't always help. He is smart, but forgetful and is always rushing to get things done.
History: Chad grew up in New York City, Charlie's cousin on her mother's side. He grew up near Charlie and they have been pretty close. He mainly focused on sports and pursuing a career as a lawyer. He started to go to college in another state, but moved back to NYC a year ago and began attending a college there. He just recently starting working as a bartender to help pay for his tutition.
Other:

Name: Kendall "Kenny" Whitwall
Race: Indian
Gate Keeper? (If yes, what power?): Yes, Time
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20indian/RutoAzume/Anime%20Girls/IndianWoman.jpg?o=33
Personality: Kenny is a patient woman and very wise. She understands what needs to happen, but she also understands that the right way is not always easy and that sometimes you have to do bad things to protect others. She is caring towards the younger members of AEGIS and doesn't need much in her life. She is also a very spiritual woman, but can be strict at times.
History: Kendall grew up in India. At the age of ten she was attacked by an Invader. A teenage girl fended it off, but had gotten hurt. Kendall stopped time in order to treat the girl and the girl, Carrie, recognized Kendall as a Gatekeeper. Carrie tried to convince Kendall of this, but at the time, she believed that her power was just a gift used to help her people. But she said that she would gladly help Carrie again and hoped that they would see eachother in the future. For about five years, Kendall continued living her peaceful life until her brother was killed by an Invader. This time Kendall seeked Carrie out and Carrie, using her power of fire, destroyed the Invader. Kendall at this time agreed to go with Carrie.

Upon living in America she stayed with Carrie and got the nickname Kenny. She eventually fell in love with Carrie, but her love was cut short as Carrie was killed when she was only eighteen. Kendall was veru distraught over her lost, especially since she never got to confess, but she remained in America since she knew she had a duty to AEGIS that came first. She eventually met her husband and future father of Deesha when she was twenty-two and married him a year later, even though he was not a member of AEGIS and by being with him she endangered his life. But after the birth of Deesha she told her husband Maks. He said he would stand by her side. Sadly four years later Maks was killed in a car accident. It was at this time that Kendall vowed to keep the AEGIS and Gatekeeper secret from her daughter so that she may live a normal and somewhat safe life. She believes her daughter to have a Gate, but is not sure and so has not told anyone. She works at the High School were the teen AEGIS members attend.
Other:

Name: Deesha Whitwall
Race: Indian
Gatekeeper?: Yes, the Gate of Information (which allows her to process information of any kind faster than normal)
Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20indian/SoraYoru/144437.jpg?o=14
Personality: Deesha is a smart girl and she will let you know the moment you meet her. She can come off as snotty or bitchlike, but she's a sweet girl and a good, loyal friend. She tends to be very proud and brash, speaking her mind about anything, even though she gets reprimended by her mother a lot for it. She is kind of navie about things though and can be girlish as well.
History: Deesha was born and raised in NYC but her mother made sure she learned about her culture. Deesha was glad because she found the Indian culture intriguing. She studied up on it as she started to go to school and from a young age she was bookish. In middle school she skipped over eighth grade and attended high school a year younger than the rest of her peers, which kind of set up the path of her being proud of her intelligent. She began to major in business. She doesn't live to far from her mother, very close to her. Deesha doesn't really remember her father and so she wants to be able to spend all the time she can with her mother, although she feels her mother is keeping a secret from her. Deesha also has no idea that she owns a Gate, her powers only trickling through subconscuoisly at times.
Other:
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Accepted, Toko.
Back to top Go down
ConfusedShipper123

ConfusedShipper123

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 2:24 pm

((May I reserve 2-4 characters? Also, should questions be addressed in the thread, or in direct PM to you, Magus?))
Back to top Go down
http://www.procrastinator-writer.blogspot.com/
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:33 pm

((Noted. And any and all questions should be directed to me.))
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:45 pm

I will start the Gate Keeper RP next Wednesday, regardless if all characters are up.

Name: Kaoru Banba
Race: Japanese
Gate Keeper? (If yes, what power?): Yes, Gate of Inner Strength
Appearance: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) Kaoru18
Personality: Kaoru is a kind, but somewhat fierce, older woman. She is very encouraging, but easily angered. She expects the best out of her team, but tries her best not to push them too far. But unfortunately for them, Kaoru often goes too far in their training regiments.
History: Kaoru, alongside her friend Feng, was apart of the original Japanese Gate Keepers. Before the Invader Resurgence in 1982, Kaoru ended up marrying one of her fellow Gate Keepers, a man by the name of Chotaro Banba. They were happily wed, though their brief period of bliss was shattered when the Invaders came back again.

All too soon Kaoru and Chotaro were torn away from their home nation, and sent away by AEGIS to another Branch that needed them. They ended up serving many years in the Beijing AEGIS Branch, and despite the constant war with the Invaders, Kaoru did manage to have some children, much to her and Chotaro's joy. A pair of twin girls in 1984, and a young boy in 1987. They were raised relatively safely in Beijing, and all three ended up working for AEGIS like their parents, even though their boy was the only actual Gate Keeper.

In 2005, much like Shun before him, Chotaro bravely died while fighting the Invaders, ultimately sacrificing his life to save Kaoru's. Kaoru was crushed by her husband's death, but in the end she got through her depression with the help of her children and friends.

Five months after Chotaro's tragic sacrifice, Kaoru requested a transfer to New York to be closer to her friend Feng. Since then Kaoru has worked with the Gate Keepers there, training them to become stronger and to push their limits to defeat the Invaders in battle.

Additional Information: For some odd reason, Kaoru hasn't really aged at all since her high-school days at Japan. How or why this has happened isn't all that know. Supposedly.

Name: Hameho Ukiya
Race: Japanese
Gate Keeper: Yes, both the Gate of Wind and the Gate of Life
Appearance: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/121/f/e/TOM_AUSTEN_by_nachomolina.jpg
Personality: Hameho is a very energetic, hyper, and happy person. She is always very positive, and rarely is ever sad or depressed. Her hyper-happiness may be annoying at times, but Hameho can't help herself.
History: Hameho is the eldest daughter of Shun and Ruriko Ukiya, two veteran Gate Keepers in Japan during the late Sixties through the late Eighties. She was born in 1983, a year after the Invader Resurgence. In 1986, her father Shun was slain while fighting the Invaders. Little Hameho was devastated, of course, but tried to be cheerful in order to cheer up her mother. It seemed to work, which no doubt formed the basis of Hameho's later overtly cheerful personality. Within two months of Shun's death Ruriko requested transfer to New York City, which was quickly granted.

For the most part Hameho was raised in New York City, and came to love the place, despite its faults. She ended up living an overall normal life in the city, and was raised properly and lovingly by Ruriko, Feng, and Reiko (both friends of Ruriko). When she was of age Hameho joined AEGIS, and became one of its top field agents in NYC, due to her Dual Gates, inherited from both of her parents.

In 2002, Ruriko unfortunately passed away. And while this saddened Hameho for a time, she did not let the death of her mother keep her down forever.

Now Hameho has continued to serve the NYC AEGIS Branch, and is the right-hand woman of the Field Agent Commander, Kaoru Banba.
Additional Information:
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 7:37 pm

This RP shall start tomorrow or Tuesday, regardless of if Velox and/or CS have their characters up by then.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:38 pm

{Sorry it took so long everyone! Starting my old sheets from scratch, creating a new one, homework, other issues, etc.}

Username: Velox

Name: Tyler Cross

Race: Caucasian (American)

Gate Keeper? (If yes, what power?): Gate of Teleportation

Appearance: Tyler Cross

Personality: Because of his parents’ profession, Tyler was raised in a tough but fair kind of way. This matured him at an early age, and gave him a strong work ethic, discipline, and a great sense of responsibility. Before the Invaders entered his life, Tyler was a normal, yet happy teenage boy. Now, he is filled with a deep hatred for the Invaders, and vows to kill every single last one.

History: Tyler was the firstborn to a female police officer and a male army soldier, and lived a fairly he normal life in the Bronx. This all changed when he was 15 in mid October. Picking up his little sister Anna from her piano lesson around sunset on a normal autumn day, the siblings were attacked by a group of Invaders. Tyler did his best to defend his sister from the strange group of beings, but his efforts were useless as the Invaders were too strong. Luckily, they were rescued from the creatures from an unseen commander of ring of light with immense power, but as soon as the ring of light had appeared, and vanquished the monster, it and its wielder both vanished. Eventually one year passed, enough time to where the whole event just seemed like a bad dream.

However, one night after returning from his part time job an hour earlier than usual, Tyler found that the lock on the door to his house had been picked. Rushing inside, he found that nothing besides the lock had been touched, nothing was broken or stolen, and the only sound was a faint late night cartoon. Walking down the stairs and into the living room, he found that his Anna was sitting on the floor watching TV, while his mom and dad stood closely behind her. His parents looked surprised, almost to the point of being scared, at the fact that he was home early, but their shock only lasted for an instant before they resumed their usual mannerisms and told him that they had ordered pizza for dinner…except that they didn’t!

When Tyler asked what kind, his parents answer that they got him his favorite: Hawaiian was correct, but when they mentioned Supreme pizza for them and Anna, a chilling fear ran through Tyler’s body since their favorite pizza parlor always put a heavy amount of olives on their Supreme pizza, and Anna was deathly allergic to olives. When his “parents” realized that they had said something wrong, they each moved at what seemed like inhuman speed, his father blocking the entrance to the stairs and his mother lunging after him. Tyler seemingly managed to get out of the way in time, as he grabbed Anna and bolted inside the first room he could find in the opposite hallway. However, he not only found that he somehow had a deep gash on his left arm, but that the room they had entered was his parents room; a room that had been redecorated by the splattered corpse remains that had once been the his mom and dad.

A strange claw suddenly pierced through the wooden door next to Tyler’s head, and as he backed him and Anna away from the door, the walls of the bedroom started to melt away by a strange looking acid. Tyler than realized that not only had his parents been brutally murdered by those strange creatures that had attacked him and his sister a year ago, but that now there were twice as many now back to finish them off. Tyler, becoming more and more enraged as the chanting monsters closed in on the siblings, he grasped Anna tightly and charged at the incoming Invaders, instinctively shouted “Open the Gate!” A giant orange ring of light materializes a few feet between the siblings and the Invaders, and Tyler leaps through it disappearing completely. The Invaders stand there stunned for a few moments, confused at the whereabouts of their escaped prey, when a second but far larger orange ring of light appears around the entire house, and the building gets sucked into the strange portal and falls into the far off burning plasma of the sun. Outside on the now dark, cold, wet street, Tyler collapses due to significant blood loss, mental exhaustion, and severe emotional stress. His younger sister, having been confused and paralyzed with fear after being subjected to such horrors in a short amount of time, finally starts to cry out as a group of ominous cars start to pull up beside the surviving Cross siblings.

Months have passed since that night. Tyler and Anna were picked up by members of AEGIS. Tyler was nursed back to physical health and the situation explained to him by the leader of the New York Branch of AEGIS and his former savior, Feng Fei Ling. Anna wasn’t so lucky. Even though she suffered no physical injuries, the effect on her mind was to great, and she slipped into a severe state of shock, almost to the point of a coma. Currently, both Cross siblings remain living in the AEGIS New York headquarters, the sister being treated by the top specialists in the organization, whereas the brother has became a Gate Keeper hunting down the Invaders in hope of destroying every last one.

Additional Information: Always wears a military dog tag that belonged to his father who first gave it to his mother, with an engraving telling her that he loved her and asking her to marry him.

--- --- ---

Username: Velox

Name: Eleanor “Elle” Rees

Race:[b] Caucasian (New Zealand)

[b]Gate Keeper? (If yes, what power?):
Gate of Density

Appearance: Elle Rees

Personality: Mostly thanks to her aunt, Elle is very much obsessed with all things dark, occult, spooky, and just plain weird. She listens to a lot of dark, heavy music and is very superstious around Friday the 13th. Despite all this, however, Elle is actually a kind and amiable person that usually tries to be optimistic. She tries to have as much fun as possible, even when times get tough, and does her best to make sure that other people are happy too.

History: Lived in New Zealand for 12 years, up until her mom got a promotion from the company she works at that caused her and her little brother to move to New York. Her dad had to stay behind however, since he was a part of the New Zealand Defense Force. Understood the reason of the move, but it was still pretty hard on her. She had to quit a long streak of 6 years of gymnastics, move away from not just all her friends, but her aunt as well, who she was very close to. Her mom remained strong throughout the whole ordeal, her brother adapted to the situation easier because he was younger, and with the combined effects of her family, the young kitten that her aunt gave her, staying in contact with the people she cared about back home, she too, eventually adjusted to the move and grew to love New York City. Having lived in New York for 3 years, made new friends, and still keeping a schedule of video chat session with her father, Elle is happy with her life.

Additional Information: Elle’s necklace, given to her by her aunt, is a detachable cross that conceals an approximate 3-inch blade. While it can be used for self-defense, it is mostly used for mundane utility purposes.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Accepted, Velox. We shall start Sunday or Monday Afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:27 am

((The RP is now OPEN!!!!!! I'd make a beginning post if I had time, but right now I do not. But you're all welcome to post with your characters. The high-school age students could be leaving the school to get to the AEGIS Headquarters in NYC [which actually resides underneath the highschool], and the older characters can either already be there, or traveling there.

So go forth, and post! I can't wait to see how this RP turns out! Hopefully it won't die this time around!))
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:51 pm

"Man, that was boring!" Shiv yawned loudly, walking out of the school with his bookbag hanging on his right shoulder. He had just gotten out of Statistics, half of which he slept through, and was feeling particularly energetic.

"I mean, who cares how man grapes grow on the vine in proportion to apples on an apple tree? There are a lot more important things in life!" he exclaimed. Like fighting beasties with your super-cool powers, he thought inwardly, grinning as he formed a baseball.

"Anyone up for some baseball?" he asked the others with a grin, tossing the ball up in the air.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:20 am

Charlie sighed as she slammed her locker shut. She didn't want to be around people right now, espically one in general, but she knew she had to go anyways. If she didn't...well Charlie didn't want to think about it.

Hefting her bag move over her shoulder she headed outside to see some of the others catching what Shiv said. She frowned but kept quiet.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Feng Fei Ling

"Everyone ought to be here soon," Feng commented to herself as she waited for the Gate Keepers to arrive

((Um, guys, the AEGIS base is underneath the highschool. You can take an elevator to get to it. You're going to wrong way. And I'd post more but I'm short on time at the moment.))
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 2:08 am

(I'll fix that in my post.)

Anoki opened his mouth to respond to Shiv, but paused when his younger sister elbowed him in the ribs. He glanced towards her, his deep blues eyes running across the scars on the left side of her face, just as they always did, and then caught her slight shake of the head.

His frown deepened, but he let the harsh words die before they could come out. Alyvia was right. Those around him were just teens, who, though they knew of their identity, could not fully understand what was at stake. Not like he did. Again his eyes flickered to his sister's scars.

"I'll play you a game, Shiv," Alyvia said with a wide smile. The elevator came into view then, and she added, "If today doesn't take too long."
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))   Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gate Keepers ((OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: