New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deathly Hallows 2 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

Deathly Hallows 2 Discussion *SPOILERS* Empty
PostSubject: Deathly Hallows 2 Discussion *SPOILERS*   Deathly Hallows 2 Discussion *SPOILERS* I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:43 pm

So I have a lot of thoughts after seeing the midnight showing that I just need to discuss with people. Please post all of your thoughts here including what you like, what you didn't like, a rating, etc.

I loved this movie despite the many things it left out. I really honestly left the theater with only a few things left on my mind: The line Neville said about Luna, How much of a badass Neville was in this movie, and how touching some of the scenes were. The scene with Snape holding Lily in his arm was enough to get the waterworks going. The crowd itself was amazing as well, We laughed, cheered, and told each other to shut up countless times throughout the film. The two biggest parts that got applause were when Neville killed Nagini, and when Mrs. Weasley killed Bellatrix. Compared to those two scenes, Voldemort's death got polite applause.

Now all the good things aside, I have a few complaints. The movie felt rushed in parts and there are some scenes that just got left out altogether, also it felt like it was kind of banking on the fact that the audience had read the books. The fact that Tonks and Lupin even have a child is completely left out until AFTER THEY DIE. Of course most of the theater knew, but when Harry finally mentions it, nobody knows where it came from because the scenes with the pregnancy were completely left out. The other ways it felt rushed is that the death scene of our favorite weasley twin is completely left out. This scene is one of my favorites because it redeems Percy as a somewhat likeable character and it really evokes alot of emotion from the reader. I went into the movie fully prepared to cry, but never did because I really wasn't given the time needed for the deaths of the characters to set in. Now this was made up for with the Lily and snape scenes, but I left a little dissatisfied. Hopefully when I see it again I might be able to fully absorb the emotions, but at the time, I wasn't. All in all I loved the movie and I will forever love it for the Neville/Luna rewrite. I really did love this film and it was well worth the wait and was a fitting conclusion to the series that taught me to read, fueled my passion for reading, and forever shaped me as a person.
Back to top Go down

Deathly Hallows 2 Discussion *SPOILERS*
Page 1 of 1