New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This World

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

This World - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:35 pm

"He doesn't say anything about Amy either. Could it be... Ew! He's a pedophile! Stay away from him girls!" he cried.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Amy and Zach exchanged horrified looks at the thought and Zach shook her head.

"I'm sure it's because we behave," Zach said. She gestured to Sayo. "He really doesn't say anything to Sayo either."

"Hey I behave," Jillian protested. The thought of pedophilia brought back memories of his night with Jennifer. He really didn't want to ever think about that again.

"Yeah but the way you dress Jillian everyone comments on you."

"True."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Mr. Fau

A loud noise was heard as Mr. Fau delivered a sharp tap to Orion's head with his cane. "I am no pedophile, Mr. 'Inbred Moneybags'." Fau growled after entering the room.

He removed his cane from Orion's head and hobbled over to his desk. He clapped his hands and the lights turned off. A few seconds later the light of a projector could be seen, illuminating the black-board with the image of one word:

God.

"Today, class, we are going to discuss both a scientific and philosophical question. God. Does He--or She--exist?" Mr. Fau asked, his gaze flickering over to where Amy sat, for a moment, after he said "She".
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:10 pm

"He shouldn't be eavesdropping," Orion muttered sourly as he turned his head towards Mr. Fau. He sighed. If it were any other teacher, he'd have fun with this question, but Mr. Fau was anything but fun.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Amy looked at the word on the board and then to Mr. Fau. For a split second she smiled cruelly at him, but then she was her attentive self. Amy raised her hand.

"Mr. Fau do you believe in God?"
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Mr. Fau

"My own personal beliefs hardly pertain to this discussion." Fau retorted, glaring at Amy briefly. He seemed to have not noticed her cruel grin; or perhaps, he had, but either way he displayed no reaction to it.

"But yes, I believe in a god." Fau picked up a clicker, and aimed it at the projected. The word displayed on the black-board vanished, to be replaced by three images: the Torah, the Bible, and the Quran.

"There are many different beliefs as to what God or gods control our world, but the most popular versions are three similar gods found in the world's most popular religions: Judiasm, Christianity, and Islam. The God found in all three holy books are similar in many ways, yet each three religions have key differences as to what their God is. It is constantly debated by both scientists and theologians on all sides of the board, including these three religions, of which God is the right God.

"Scientifically speaking, there is no apparent evidence for a god in our world. And yet...at the same time, there is no evidence disproving the theory of gods. And, in some ways, it makes much sense to believe that their is some sort of God out there. After all, it is hard to believe our planet was given life out of mere chance." Fau stated.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:32 pm

Amy listened to his words, but she wasn't really paying attention. She already knew these things. It always made her upset that most people believe that God was a male, but she never held it against them. It was probably because of the Killer and humans' sexist attitude.

"You said you believed in a God. Which religion do you think is the most accurate?"
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:01 am

Carla

"Hmm ... love is a pre-established point, very easy to work with, almost too easy. A counterpoint could be made that it can bring negative emotions out of people, then I could make a counter counter point that it also gives people reason to be with one another. That there is so much risk involved with love, that it is so irrational, it can't help but be beautiful to see people be possessed by it, moved by it, despite all that," Carla muttered as she wrote, biting the tip of her pencil as she reread everything to herself. ... Too obvious, he would see it coming, Amy would be disappointed by such a simple thing, might attribute it all to narcissistic need for company or reproduction if in bad mood.

She should go for something unexpected, yet moving. Obviously she couldn't try Fettuccine, despite how delicious it was ... perhaps simple inspiration, maybe the need for answers in spite of the pain?

Carla wondered as she glanced out her window, into the now empty halls of the school. Was humanity worth saving? She hadn't really ... experience enough herself to figure out. A good chunk of what she was using in argument was what she had learned from observing Amy's life experiences, which was admittedly better then studying a strangers, but was still a slightly limited way of going about things. Still, if everything was destroyed, she'd never get to find out ...
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Mr. Fau

"Well, Miss Amy, it seems were are quite active today. In response to your question, I do not believe any of the current world religions have a...good picture on what god is." Fau replied.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:42 pm

"What do you think God is," Amy asked. She knew that she shouldn't be aking these questions, but she wanted to see. She wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Mr. Fau

Fau smiled at Amy, after receiving this question. In the dim light given off by the projector, his smile looked like that a predator might give its prey before pouncing.

"I think that the god who made us is a selfish, arrogant, petty little bitch who thinks She is above her own Creations. When in fact, She is no better than Us, and has no rights to judge any of us." Mr. Fau replied.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:05 pm

"Wow. Remind me not to goto your church," Orion commented, drawing a few snickers from his fellow students. Really, he didn't feel like being preached to about God being uncaring by a bitter middle-aged man.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:16 pm

(Amy is going to kill Fau personally. Just to tell you all.)

"I think She is a fair and merciful God," Amy said. She kept a serious look as she spoke. She was mad inside that he would say something. "She gives her creations chances to be better, but She is starting to lose patience. She hates how they pollute and destory their home and each other. You're lucky to be alive."

Zach gave Amy a weird look. Something seemed...off about her friend.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:03 am

((Hehehe. I'd expect nothing less, Mariah. Hehe. I'm sure Fau would object to that, though.))

Mr. Fau

"Oh, really?" Fau sneered at Amy, for the moment deciding to ignore Orion's otherwise detention worthy comment. "Heh. Then why did She give us free will in the first place, if she only wanted us to act in a pious and just way? She was bound to have known her Creations would stray from her intended visions."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 am

"Maybe She had faith in her creations. That they would be able to learn how to treat one another and their homes well. And that She continues to have faith that they will learn better."

'Or suffer the consequences,' she thought.

Zach and Jillian exchanged confused looks. Why was Amy so ramped up about this?
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 1:04 pm

"I think that He or She would have to wait for us to evolve in our understanding," Orion pointed out gently, rather confused by this conversation. Even more that he was siding slightly with Mr. Fau, though not with the cruel and twisted deity part, "I think all She has to do is wait. Either we live or we kill ourselves eventually."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:49 pm

"I want you know why you two keep referring to God as 'She'," Jillian said. "I mean don't most people refer to God as a 'He'?"

Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:11 am

Mr. Fau

Mr. Fau glared at Jillian, for a moment, before replying. "I like to keep my mind open. Sure, most people assume god is a He, but it's also equally as likely that god is a She. Or, perhaps, that god has no gender at all. But I myself like to think of god as a She, for...special reasons."

His gaze flickered over to Amy for a split-second.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:10 am

Orion couldn't help but snicker at Mr. Fau's statement. He was thinking up many Freudian excuses why Mr. Fau would think this way, each one less likely than the. He looked over at Zach, passing a note that said, I think he gets his jollies from spanking from a mother-figure.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:57 am

Zach looked at the note and tried not to laugh. She shook her head and wrote back.

Obviously. It's no wonder he hates us all. He just wants to be 'punished' later.

"I just think that God can be both a He or a She. I was just going along with Mr. Fau," Amy explained.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:08 pm

Mr. Fau

Fau opened his mouth to say some more, but the bell rang then. The business man sighed, and clapped his hands again. The lights came back on.

"Class dismissed. We'll continue this tomorrow. And Amy...please stay behind after class. We need to talk."
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 pm

Amy frowned, but she nodded. She wondered what exactly Mr. Fau had to say to her. After today's class she had a feeling it was going to be interesting.

"Ok."

She smiled at her friends as if to say she was fine and Zach and Jillian left with a nod.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:50 pm

Orion grimaced a little as he exited the room along with Zach and Jilian, "Man, Mr. Fau is going to give Amy crap just because she believed in a kind and loving God. Sounds like my parents' favorite preacher."

He laughed a little, but then looked serious, "But, damn, why Amy? Because he hasn't given her crap yet and he's working a list?"
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 pm

Zach thought about Amy's diary and the way she had been acting. It was troubling her. Maybe there was something wrong with the girl and Mr. Fau knew? Maybe Amy is not who she said she was... Zach shook her head. That was stupid. Amy was too sweet to do something wrong.

"I don't know."

"I know," Jillian said, agreeing with Orion. "He has no right to be such a vindictive bastard."
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Mr. Fau

Once everyone but Amy had left the room, Mr. Fau hobbled over to her desk and glowered at the girl.

"Let's cut the crap, shall we, Miss Amy? To put it simply, I know what you are. And apparently, you remember what you are, now. Based on your quite vocal responses in class."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This World   This World - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This World
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next