New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood? Empty
PostSubject: KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood?   KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:43 pm

Well folks, I told you it was coming, so here it is! The discussion thread to keep the needless posts out of the RP section!

So, speak your mind and let your thought be heard! What was your impression of the game?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood?   KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:45 pm

I found it pretty good myself, but the ending was very lacking, as were other aspects of the game. It was good, but it hardly compared to its predecessor. And it could have been so much better, too, had it been allowed to have more time to develope.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

PostSubject: Re: KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood?   KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Knights of the Old Republic II was intriguing. Kreia has to be one of my favorite charactes and I just wanted to give a hug to Visas Marr. That said, it was an incomplete game. If it had all the content it was supposed to have, however, it would have been an incredible game.

And, yes, Malachor particularly lacked content.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood?   KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:53 pm

Agreed, it could have been better with a longer development time, but with Bioware on board, their story could have been better, as well as flowed smoother, and the characters could have been so much livelier! Honestly, I hated Atton; he felt like a cheap attempt to replace Carth, and while I liked Carth, Atton felt...hollow, tacked on.

Bioware has it's strengths, and even with a rushed development period, I believe there would have been significant improvements.

And Darth Nihilus needed more screen time, maybe even a more epic fight, or more encounters! And the ending was a disappointment. But worse...far worse, was the Scholar; the cheap-ass replacement for the Handmaiden when playing as a female...that was unforgivable.
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood?   KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:51 pm

I still have a hard time believing the graphics were actually worse this time around. I mean, they weren't just unimproved, they were worse! But it's a fun game once you get into it, I enjoy it, but find it discouraging to play when my ending is kind of a let-down. The reward for winning just isn't enough to justify another play-through.
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood?   KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Agreed, the ending was a big disappointment and you're not alone in that. At the very least, following the Dark Side, you should have been able to maintain Malachor V and use it as a training center, like Kreia did, but no--no matter what you choose, it always blows up.

And also, as I said before, the fact that they only made the Handmaiden available to male players is extremely infuriating, especially when you consider the fact that the game's box art clearly depicts the Female Exile with the Handmaiden in her party (the back of the box has a screen shot of this, no lie). So what happened? Was it part of the cut content as well?

Needless to say, I am somewhat pleased to say that a team of modders were able to restore a lot of the cut content from the game, and it really improves the gameplay and story; however, it still doesn't aid the fact that KotOR 2 really isn't worth a second play through, but if you're willing to try the mods out, it's up to you.

Here for anyone that's interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood?   KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KotOR 2; terrible or just misundestood?
Page 1 of 1