New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mind Games

Go down 
+2
almostinsane99
Sarcastic Master
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:04 pm

There are two main types of disciplined action: physical, and mental. Physical action requires movement to cause an action, through punches, kicks, or any number of methods, including weapons. Mental violence, on the other hand, requires the mind to be sharp and quick, able to quickly process information and create another move. Both require training to become a master, but those with an aptitude for one often become blinded by arrogance.

In the current time, most have given up the way of physical action, it became obsolete when technology allowed others to view mental fights between opponents, which were more logic defying and entertaining. Now Mental battles are a daily occurence, from amatuers to masters battling each other with their minds. For simplicity sake, the combatants represent their mind with an avatar, one that viewers can see and identify, mostly used for fighters to look cool than just projecting their own selves.

Some use ninjas, or vampires, or aliens as the representation of their minds in these fights, but they are almost always interesting, and follow no logic, only what they can think up. Only the quickest, sharpest, and most clever minds can even hope to win. And now victory is at its most desirable, the annual tournament is upon the world, the Mind Games. The winner will inducted into the hall of fame for mental fighters, the losers will have severe headaches.

Who will win?

More Information

Officials monitor legal matches and make sure to keep most of the damage from harming the mind, rather just disorienting it enough. It's mostly about focus in those games, and the effects are never too serious. But illegal matches would be more extreme, without anyone preventing damage, any number of things might happen.

The fighters are like computers, processing the information and running codes in their minds, they know what each one is and how to react to it, while the monitors and whatnot recieve the information going between the two and broadcast it as something the viewers can comprehend. For all intents and purposes the fighters know what is happening but don't experience it the same way.

A master might be able to attack with something that had the force of an atom bomb, provided they could get enough time to focus enough power into it, assuming their opponent is distracted or preparing a defense. It's unlikely they could do so, however, because the sheer strain of getting that much power would probably do damage to them as well. Think about a physical fighter, a strong person can lift several times their own weight, but it's hardly possible for even the strongest person to lift a building and throw it at someone.

Fighters can create people to fight for them. The fighter gathers power to create them and control them, but unless he wants the strain to hurt him, he would have to share most of the power among them, sacrificing individual strength for more sources of attack. The opponent would either have to deal with one strong attack or multiple weaker attacks, though both would likely be able to distract him like another attack would.

The battlefield can be used strategically, but it will be neutral, and any distractions would grate on both, and if they used a place where they always train, they show it to their competition. Furthermore, as it's all mental, there can't be traps, unless they are placed there during the match by one of the contestants.

Outside of the games, attacking someone with your mind is dangerous, there's a chance of encountering one stronger than your own, and risking them killing you or something else. Crime is also about the same as in our world.

Hope this helps some.

Rules

1. No godmodding, one liners, ect.
2. Cursing is allowed, just don't go overboard.
3. Questions are meant to be asked, so ask if you have one.
4. Let's keep blood and gore minimal, please.
5. Mental fighters are not going to be superhuman outside of their minds, nor are they all supergeniuses. They are, however, all capable of being pretty darned smart.
6. Decent post length please, no less than three lines.
7. No character limit, just keep up with them.
8. Use good grammar; if you have many grammar mistakes in a post, please go back and fix them, preferably before you post it at all. We all have bad days, one or two mistakes are fine occasionally.
9. Read the rules.
10. I reserve the right to add/modify rules.
11. There does not need to be a lot of physical fighters, so please keep wrestlers, karate masters, and Chuck Norriss few and far between.
12. Attack method in the mental fights are left up to you, Avatar's can hit each other, shoot at each other, send out shockwaves, spit watermelon seeds at each other, it doesn't matter. Just specify what the attack will do, and recognize that it's all about how focused and tired a mind is, the last one standing generally wins. The loser usually is unconcious or at least too out of it to fight. The faster a mind processes information, ie. registers what their opponent is doing and how to stop it from hurting or distracting them, the more likely they have of being able to avoid it or defend against it. (Exposition rule!)
13. Put Mind Games Affraid in your first post.

Application:

Username:
Name:
Appearance:

Personality:
History:
Other:

Accepted Characters:

Username: manysidestome
Name: Evanger Trilen
Appearance: Evanger doesn't look very impressive, coifed brown hair on his head, a pair of glasses hanging on his face, about average height and average build. However, he's one of the best in his field and has the victories, not to mention the money, to prove that he is a dangerous person to play mind games with.
Avatar Appearance: His avatar is the grim reaper, skull and skeleton arms the only thing appearing out of a dark cloak made of smoke. His introductions have made weaker minds intimidated enough to forfeit, unable to concentrate, though it usually never happens more than once, after that the competition knows what they face.
Personality: Evanger is the worst kind of arrogant, he knows he's good, but doesn't tend to lose sight of anything because of it. He knows how good he is, but doesn't let it overshadow the fact that he has competition. He's also cold and doesn't seem to care about being friendly, as long as he wins and has some beautiful lady for the night he could care less about anything else.
History: Evanger first showed sings of being a quick learner when he grasped the english language at 10 months, able to recognize words. His parents were delighted that he could learn so quickly, and did everything they could do provide for his education. It wasn't enough for him, though, and quickly started training his mind alongside learning, and proved to be adept at it, though not as fast as some other people, which caused him to somewhat resent prodigies. At age 23 Evanger finished his training and went on to distinguish himself as a mental fighter, earning money from tournaments and back room gambling. He has yet to win the Mind Games, but is determined to win this year.
Other:

Username: manysidestome
Name: Alexander Valor
Appearance: He is a small boy, but not unhealthily so. He usually dressed in formal clothes, sometimes suits, not that he wants to. He is black haired and has blue eyes, as well as somewhat pale skin. From a distance he doesn't seem that odd, apart from the obvious, but his face often suggests that he does not appreciate being treated like a child.
Avatar Appearance: A literal star in human shape, fire burns along the orange and yellow skin.
Personality: Alexander prefers his full name by everyone, except his closest friends, which are few. He's been protected from others all his life, been concentrated on developing his abilities and education. He can be overconfident and dismissive of others, and tends to patronize and look down on people.
History: Alexander is a child of the head of a multi-nation corporation and has never been worried about anything. Though he showed no early signs of an advanced intellect, when he began school he learned at an accelerated rate. He skipped grades quite quickly and now has private tutors working with him. He began his mind training when his Physical Education teacher suggested it after he showed no aptitude for physical activity. He took to the training very quickly, and a year ago surpassed all his trainers in skill. He now wants to enter the Mind Games to show the world that his mind is superior to theirs, even at his age.
Other:

Last edited by manysidestome on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Extra post for whatever it might be needed for.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Reserve me a spot please. affraid
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:41 am

Reserve, please?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:08 pm

I would like to reserve a spot please, MST. Now, this seems interesting. Though it vaguely reminds me of Yu-Gi-Oh, for some reason.

affraid
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:47 pm

Reserves noted.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:17 am

affraid

Username: hey_mai_Zukos_mine

Name: Blaire Norshuke

Appearance: Blaire

Personality: Blaire is a 2 in 1 kind of individual. She will keep to herself most of the time, and seems to have an almost shy nature at first. This side of her is optimistic, friendly, and calm. But Blaire has another side that shows through when challenged. It's competitive, sharp-tongued, and always ready for the next test. The dark to her light. Even though these two sides can be completely different at times, however she acts, the goal is still the same- to aim for the top, and to get there.

History: Blaire left home when she was fifteen, and with it her family as well. She had an idea for her life and they thought it nonsense and games. She was the oldest of her siblings and had a good mind and they saw 'much more' for her, but Blaire couldn't see how to put such a thing to any better use than this. When she walked out that door they called her an ungrateful child, but she swore she'd return a champion.

Blaire now lives with her oldest cousin, who has interest in these Mind Games, but has never participated in them nor does plan to. If anything, this cousin is Blaire's only supportive family member, and sadly the only face she'll probably ever see cheering her on. But this has only inspired her further to prove herself to her parents.

Other: None.

Last edited by hey_mai_Zukos_mine on Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 11:08 am

She's fine, but I need a stage name for her when she fights. I'll put that as its own category in the application.
Back to top Go down
hey_mai_Zukos_mine

hey_mai_Zukos_mine

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:22 pm

My bad. Edited.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 pm

Username: almostinsane99
Name: Kyoji Nakkana
Appearance: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/037/0/3/Itachi_by_Milky8.jpg
Avatar Appearance: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/329/3/d/Ninja_2_by_hgjart.jpg
Personality: Kyoji is generally polite to both his friends and rivals. He is kind enough, but is put-off by arrogance and stupidity. Mostly, he likes to keep to himself, but he does enjoy hanging out with what few friends he has.
History: Kyoji grew up in the city with a somewhat poor family. He did well in school and, when he was 14, learned that he had an aptitude for the Mind Game. He devoted much of his free time learning the Game and improving himself and, when he thought he was good enough, began to participate in local tournaments. Winning many of the competitions he entered, he began playing professionally at 16 and enjoys it immensely, sending much of his earnings back to his family.
Other:
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 10:50 am

affraid

Username: TokoToTheEnd
Name: Charlie Fallon
Appearance: https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=Rin.jpg
Avatar Appearance: https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=_Scorpion__by_korone.jpg
Personality:
History:
Other:

Username: TokoToTheEnd
Name: Yeli Bellwhy
Appearance: https://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd40/PainfulxLies/Neon%20Knight/?action=view&current=TeddieP4.jpg
Avatar Appearance: https://media.photobucket.com/image/anime%20fairy%20boy/Meme11391/Anime%20Boy/1f81.jpg
Personality:
History:
Other:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mind Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mind Games   Mind Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mind Games
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-