Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fay - T (Open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:03 pm

Hakan was the first out of the door, the inside pockets of his dark windbreaker stuffed with cash, cards, and chips. The older teen stumbled to an abrupt halt as he caught sight of the waiting Enforcer, and his hands froze in the midst of zipping the windbreaker up. His wide brown eyes flickered back, searching for Rafe, but then he found himself being jostled forward, as those who had not yet seen the Enforcer before them tried to get out. But then, at the man's voice, all eleven of them froze.

Crap. His parents would kill him if they found out he had skipped school, and it would be even worse when they learned he had taken his younger brother with him. Not that Rafe had done a very good job at keeping the Enforcers away.

"Every sinner has a future; every saint has a past." - Jayy Von Monroe

Join Korra Nation to get exclusive content by CLICKING HERE!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:20 pm

Lewis held his ground in peace, "Don't worry, this isn't too serious...well, skipping school is a little serious, but we can work this out." he said, picking up the kids surface thoughts. Reading over the surface thoughts of the group, he could tell several of them were likely to run, no matter how peacefully he approached them.

The ones really beginning to panic, he tried to send calming signals to; not quite suggestions, but it could still get him into trouble, "I know school sucks, believe me, it hasn't improved much since I've been, and gambling is illegal too, but if you can at least tough it out through class, I can overlook it. Deal?" he said calmly.

He didn't have much issue with their gambling, well, not too much of one, but it was the easier route to go; he hadn't expected to bust this many kids in one place, and he didn't have any back up to support him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Great. He was trying to sweet-talk them, and Hakan could feel it almost working. His body was relaxing, and his racing thoughts were slowing. But it wasn't enough, to erase past experiences. Hakan knew better than to believe his words. He would do what he had always done, every time something like this happened: run.

"Scatter," he cried out as he dove back towards the door. They all took off, running in different directions, but Hakan had eyes only for Rafe. He caught his brother's arm and pulled the sixth grader back into the room with him. "C'mon," he mumbled, dodging around the tables and hastily evacuated chairs.

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:20 pm

"Why do they always run?" asked aloud. They were too scattered for him to attempt imposing illusions of extra Enforcers, and there was no way he'd be able to catch all of them, so he made a chase after the boy and his younger brother, cutting around the building to cut them off. He could at least be sure nothing happened to either of them, and the boy's past experience with Enforcers was saddening.

He couldn't believe, or rather he could, that the Enforcers were allowed to use force against suspects. The order had come down from the Chief Enforcer, James Folker, but it really bothered him just how far some Enforcers were willing to take it...

...especially against minors. The kid was quick, that much was for sure, but academy training honed his agility and stamina, making him even quicker. Plus the fact that his mind was like a flare on a dark ocean, allowing him to keep general tabs on where the boy was at.

Unfortunately, as physics and geometry dictates, the shortest distance between two points was the path the boys had taken, "Please, don't run into the road. Please don't run into the road!" he chanted to himself, hoping the boys wouldn't risk their lives just to get away from him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:42 pm

"Slow down!" Rafe called out, his shorter legs unable to keep up with his brother's longer ones. Hakan glanced down at his brother and then slid to a halt just before the door leading into the actual restaurant.

"Where?" Hakan asked, his eyes locking onto Rafe's.

"Give me a..." Rafe closed his eyes, and then pointed past his older brother. "There. Going around to the front." He looked up at Hakan, his eyes wide with fright. "I think he's after us. I don't want to get into trouble. You promised me we wouldn't get into trouble!"

"We won't."

"But he's..."

"Going to the front. Which leaves the back wide open."

Immediately Hakan was heading back the way he had come, with Rafe in tow behind him.

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Lewis halted in his tracks, caught off guard by the sudden change in direction. The younger boy knew he was going around front, but how? Regardless, Lewis quickly shifted gears and ran back towards the alley; they had to have been faking him out, figuring he'd try to cut them of, then back-tracking.

Very clever, and it might have worked on quite a few Enforcers, but they didn't know him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:47 pm

Rafe tugged on his older brother's sleeve. Hakan immediately turned his head towards him, his body tense. The Enforcer hadn't changed directions as well, had he? But how could he have known?

"He's... he's going back," the young boy said, causing Hakan to stop in his tracks.

The older teen almost swore, almost, but the word died on his lips at the sight of his brother's frightened face. That's right, he was the older brother, the one who was supposed to be able to do anything. He wasn't allowed to be uncertain. But it unnerved him, the way this Enforcer kept switching directions to mirror them.

"Don't make a sound," Hakan breathed as he slowly started forward, heading back towards the restaurant. Maybe the guy had super sensitive hearing.

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:01 pm

The thoughts flowed off the boy, the idea he might have super sensitive hearing...it was almost adorable, so matching their pace, Lewis began mirroring their movement path. They were frightened, and unnerved...and yet, he still didn't know how they knew...

..or rather, how the boy knew. He could at least be sure from their fear that he wasn't dealing with another telepath, but still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Hakan paused at the slight tug on his sleeve. Again? But how...? "You're absolutely certain?" he whispered.

Rafe nodded. "He changes as soon as we change. Do you... do you think...?"

"That his Natural is similar? Maybe." If that was the case, this was bad. He knew how well Rafe could track life, his brother's Natural having won him almost every spy game they had played as kids. That was it! "We've got to get him in the middle."

Rafe didn't question why, but just moved with his brother back the way they had come, his mind solely focused on where the Enforcer was.

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:03 pm

There it was, the thought he was looking for; the boy could track life, and he was as much a beacon as they were. Focusing his thoughts, he began to cloud the boy's mind, erasing himself from the boy's perception. While he was focused, he began to creep around the building, certain the back door would be locked...

Which was what Lewis was counting on, in a way. With himself invisible to their only pair of eyes, they should be confused long enough for him to catch them both by surprise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:22 pm

"Uh..." Rafe's face twisted up in confusion. "He's..."

"He's what?" Hakan asked, spinning his brother around to face him.

The younger boy closed his eyes, concentrating hard, but could only shake his head in defeat. "He's gone."

Hakan breathed out a sigh of relief, and then let out a laugh as he straightened up. "Ha! He finally admitted defeat!"

"I don't think..."

But he cut Rafe off. "C'mon. Let's get out of here before he comes back." This would be a story to brag about for ages to come. How he, Hakan, had outsmarted an Enforcer, and had bought time for everybody else to get away safely. Just wait until Morgan heard that one. Then maybe she would stop gloating about her last "great" escape.

"Hakan..."

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Navigating his way back into the alley, Lewis set himself against the wall, as he waited for the kids to exit. He really hated that he had to go through this much trouble, and in a way, he was a little indignant that was had been getting these kinds of missions as of late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Hakan paused, his hand on the door handle. "He didn't come back, did he?"

"No, but..."

"Then there's nothing to worry about. Everything's going to be fine." The older teen opened the door and shoved Rafe outside, following only moments behind him. The door clicked shut behind them, and it was only too late that Hakan heard Rafe's stuttering and looked up to see the Enforcer.

"B-b-brother."

Crap. And how...?

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:03 pm

"Look, I can do this all day, and I'm sure you could too, but I don't and I'm sure you don't as well. So just make it easier on yourselves and just go to school." he said, motioning towards his car, "Or else I'll have to show you some more tricks..." he said, slipping his sunglasses onto the bridge of his nose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Hakan opened his mouth to respond, but it was Rafe who spoke first.

"Maybe we should go," he said, glancing up at his brother. "I don't want to get into trouble."

That was right. Somehow this Enforcer could track them, and he had found a way to block Rafe's Natural, and if they continued to run for it, there would be trouble. And his parents would kill him if he got his younger brother in trouble with the law. Great. So much for his amazing escape story.

"Fine," he ground out, hating the fact that he was admitting defeat. "If that's all you do."

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:19 pm

"Alright, come on." he said, leading the kids to his car, "You guys in the mood for ice cream? I never did get my coffee," he said offhandedly as he opened the back door. He might not be able to atone for the wrongs the Enforcers commit in the name of justice, but he could try to show the kids not all Enforcers were the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Rafe brightened up at the prospect of ice cream, and at the revelation that he wasn't in trouble at all, and he had no problems climbing into the backseat. Hakan hesitated, feeling the weight of what lay in his windbreaker as he cast a nervous glance at the Enforcer. He was so busted, if the Enforcer took him in. All of the words in the world couldn't explain away the amount of evidence he had on him.

"C'mon, Hakan," his brother called out. "He's not so bad."

Yeah, right. Again Hakan's gaze shifted to the Enforcer, but there was nothing he could do without abandoning his brother. Slowly, cautiously, the teen lowered himself into the car.

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:42 pm

Closing the door behind the teen as he climbed inside, Lewis walked around the car to the driver's side and got into his car, "Alrighty folks, buckle up; and as long as I don't see it, I can't bust you for it. Besides, I only came to get you guys for skipping school. Honestly, this could have went so much easier..." he said, starting up his car.

"It's been a while since I've been out for ice cream, but I imagine missing lunch, you guys would want a little more than that. So, know any good places?" he asked, glancing into his rear-view mirror. The passing car was considering running the red light ahead...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:07 pm

Hakan glared at the Enforcer, unnerved at how much this guy seemed to know. It couldn't be just a coincidence, that he had known their every movements, and that he had mentioned what he had just been thinking about.

"You sure?" Rafe asked. "I do like Nawroki's Diner best, though we don't go there often."

"That's because it's expensive," Hakan said, his mind only half on the conversation, and then motioned for his brother to stay silent, so he could test out his theory. "You like Javanut's just fine." No, he doesn't.

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:13 pm

"Well, I offered, so there's no problem where we go." Said Lewis, looking into the mirror. The kid couldn't have been any more obvious with what he was trying to do, "Anyways, it's not really nice to try and tell your brother what he likes and what he doesn't. Besides, I think I've got enough on me to cover Nawroki's."

"Come to think of it though," he muttered, pulling in to the flow of traffic, "I've never been there before. You know the way from here? It'd be a little embarrassing to have to call dispatch for directions," he said with a genuine smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:29 pm

"You can read minds," Hakan said. How obvious was that? He felt stupid for not thinking of it sooner, it being the only thing that made sense for all of what had happened. They had played right into his hands, him knowing their every move. Ugh.

"You can?" Rafe chipped in. "Cool! No wonder we couldn't fool you."

"Take a left," the older teen said, his voice void of all enthusiasm. Then a right on Ustick, go straight a ways, then right on Glenway and it's on the right side of the street. "And don't think this is going to make me like you."

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 pm

Lewis smiled, "I sure can kiddo," he said, acknowledging that he could read minds as he the took directions the boy gave him, "And talk about me fooling you! If your brother had thought about your natural, I would have still been confused about how you knew I knew where you were going." he admitted, "You actually had me thrown for a loop there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:34 am

Hakan let his head fall against the window. Great. So it was because of him that the two of them had been caught. He definently wouldn't be repeating this story.

"That's why I was the lookout," Rafe said proudly, his chest puffing out, just a little. "But how did you disappear on me? Nobody's ever done that to me before."

No, nobody had, and Hakan wanted to know the answer to that, for any future incidents. And he had just made that obvious to the Enforcer... Great.

Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:50 am

Lewis looked in his rear-view mirror, "A magician never reveals his secrets; besides, still have to get you that ice cream." he'd like to have told the boy, but he'd likely told them too much as it was, "But it was clever to be the lookout, I can see why your brother brought you along."

Looking the boy over, he thought about it; the kid was being way too open to have had a previous record, so he figured this was a first time offense, "Though I'll tell you what buddy," he said, "If you can stay out of trouble, and stay in school, I'll be sure to take you and your brother out to ice cream."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:06 am

"I promise," Rafe declared. "I wasn't a very good lookout anyways... I couldn't keep..."

"We're almost there," Hakan interrupted, before Rafe could start spilling anything. "But if you want us to go to school so badly, why are you taking us to a restaurant? We might as well be doing our own thing." He shot Rafe a warning look.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fay - T (Open)   

Back to top Go down

Fay - T (Open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next