New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HAVEN: Man's last chance

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alec
Admin
Alec

HAVEN: Man's last chance Empty
PostSubject: HAVEN: Man's last chance   HAVEN: Man's last chance I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 am

HAVEN.

A series of eight space stations that revolve around each other outside of the planet Earth's orbit. No one knows how long they have existed. Who built them. Or why. Because nobody has wondered. Nobody has thought to ask.

At birth babies are chipped and their bodies are reconfigured to fit into HAVEN's system. They feel nothing. No pain, no suffering, and no emotions. They become perfect tools for the Administration, the group that controls and takes care of the humans on HAVEN.

But recently something has changed. A young girl was taken away after suddenly asking a questions that no one had thought to ask before. No one thought much of it, nor much of what had happened to the girl and why she never reappeared. Her chip; the chip that had kept her feelings and thoughts in check, had broken without explanation. And its going to happen again.

Rules

1) No God Modding or Power Playing.

2) No Mary-Sues. Your character should be realistic and have a few flaws. They cannot be the best at everything, they cannot be perfect and without any character flaws.

3) This RP is rated T. That means no graphic sex, violence, or language.

4) Do not start fights with other posters. That can be done in PM.

5) I can change or add to these rules at any time.

Suggestions

1) Pay some attention before you post. Try to avoid errors in your grammar and spelling. One-liners are also discouraged, though you will not be kicked out of the RP if you do use them.

2) If you have any questions just ask them. Do not PM to me because others might want the answers as well. Excluding personal questions about your character of course.

3) Try and keep your characters reactions realistic to their personalities. Remember, they are just starting to feel emotion for the first time in their lives. They are finally gaining their sense of self.

4) Romance happening within a week is unrealistic. Of course if your character had the personality for it they could end up having a sexual fling with someone in that amount of time; but there certainly wouldn't be a strong bond between the people in that amount of time.

5) Some of your questions will not be answered until later in the story. Have fun guessing.
-----------------------------
Everyone is assigned a role on HAVEN at birth and beginning at the age of four they are taught everything they need to know so they can fulfill that role. They are finished with their training at the age of fourteen and start their jobs immediately afterward. All jobs have a specific uniform. The jobs assigned are:

Technician/Mechanic
Scientist (White Labcoat over comfortable blue silk bodywear)
Engineer (Orange Jumpsuit. Includes protective eyewear and gloves)
Cook (Brown Jumpsuit. Includes matching gloves and hairnet)
Janitor (Green Jumpsuit.)
Teacher (Clothing varies. Usually warm and comforting colors.)
Grunt (Black and White Jumpsuit)
Soldier (Thick weighted uniform. Usually grey. Officers wear Silver.)
Farmer (Blue Overall jeans over white shirt)
Animal Caretaker (Green and brown uniform. Gloves always included)
Factory Worker (Red Jumpsuit)
Medical Professional (White labcoat over red silk bodywear)
Miner (Gold Jumpsuit. Includes gas mask, gloves, and an extra coat.)

Character Sheet:

Username:
Name:
Age(Must be between twelve and twenty-six):
Appearance:
Personality:
Skillset and Education:
Bio:
Other:

Last edited by Alec on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN: Man's last chance   HAVEN: Man's last chance I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:47 am

Characters

Username: Alec
Name: Rana
Age(Must be between twelve and twenty-six): Twenty-Three
Appearance: 5' 4" 136 lbs. Dark skin, short and very curly black hair, brown eyes. No visible scars or body decay. Her body is fit, though probably not the most attractive form. Her nose is short and slightly stubby. Her eyelashes are long, and her fingernails are chewed. Can always be seen in a blue silk clothing. Has white labcoat when working.
Personality: Calm, charismatic, and analytical. She always thinks before going through with something, though on occasion this leads to Rana not doing anything at all. She relies on other people to get through life and accomplish her goals, though she can on occasion step on people's toes without realizing it.
Skillset and Education: Job: Scientist -Subdivision: Human Anatomy and Robotics
Bio: Rana was born on the third ship of HAVEN, The Athena. At the age of two she began her education to become one of HAVEN's scientists. Having no goals or will of her own she completed her studies admirably and became a Professional Scientist for HAVEN by the time she was fourteen. Rana worked on combining Humans with Robotic technology.

Two months ago, Rana's emotion inhibitor chip broke suddenly and without warning. The woman was luckily in her sleeping pod at the time, and thus no one was around to see her as she slowly connected with her true being for the first time. When outside of her pod, Rana continued to act like everyone else, seeing no reason why she shouldn't. Besides, she wasn't sure if emotions were something she was supposed to feel or not; and she didn't want the Soldiers to take them away from her. They were too wonderful.

Five weeks ago, Rana befriended a young Girl named Suzie. It was a coincidence that they had found out about each other. Rana had accidentally stumbled over herself while talking, causing Suzie to laugh and thus reveal herself. Suzie was different from Rana. She didn't just want to feel her emotions when alone in the pod. She thought that they were something everyone was supposed to experience, and she was quite avant-garde with them. She scared Rana, and thrilled her as well.

But one week ago, Suzie was taken away by Soldiers after she had caused an incident in Cafeteria #8. Rana hasn't seen the girl since, and now she's more scared of what will happen to her then ever.
Other:
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN: Man's last chance   HAVEN: Man's last chance I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:54 pm

I'd like to reserve a doctor for right now, please.
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN: Man's last chance   HAVEN: Man's last chance I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Reserve noted. (And I should make it known. While it is recommended to have a diverse amount of jobs spread amongst the characters, it's not mandatory. There can be multiple Doctors and Scientists, since jobs wont be important until much later.)
Back to top Go down
Alec
Admin
Alec

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN: Man's last chance   HAVEN: Man's last chance I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:00 pm

Ok. I'll give this RP about a week for other people to join. If nothing changes, I'll just delete it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAVEN: Man's last chance   HAVEN: Man's last chance I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HAVEN: Man's last chance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: