New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

First Contact

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 11:26 pm

It is deep into the twenty-second century. It has been one hundred years since Humanity began its exploration of the stars, though it has yet to encounter any other alien races. However, many suitable planets for colonization and mining various resources have been found in these past one-hundred years of deep-space exploration. The Alliance Starship Eden is one of many ships assigned for deep space exploration, and is on a ten year long journey in the Zeta Quadrant. It is largely unexplored, and is perfect for future colonization. Three years into their exploration mission in the Zeta Quadrant, the Eden discovers a planet suspiciously similar to Earth. What comes as even more of a shock is that there is sentient life on that planet. For the first time since humanity began its search of the stars, they make first contact with another alien civilization.

After the captain and his senior officers make contact with the alien race, they are invited onto the world. The aliens, who also look suspiciously akin to humans, are welcoming and friendly. They seek to establish peaceful relations with the Earth Sphere Aliiance and its grand empire. At the moment, the Starship Eden is docked above orbit of the alien planet (now referred to as Zentari Prime, the name the natives gave it long ago) working out a trade agreement with the aliens. However, as the captain and his crew are soon to find out, there is more to this new species than meets the eye. And if they are not quick, all that humanity has worked for for centuries could be destroyed.

Rules:

1: No god-mods, no Mary Sues, ect ect.
2: No one can play any of the alien species. You may only play a character on the Eden.
3: You may have as many characters as you want, so long as you can keep track of them.
4: Romance is allowed, so long as its believeable and goes as far as a 'T' rating. Same goes for violence.
5: This RP is rated T.
6: I have the right to edit these rules or change them as I see fit.
7: Say, "Wie heisst du?" to show you've read the rules. Bonus points if you know what that language is and if you can reply back. Oh, and I may have misspelled it.
8: Proper grammar and spelling is needed.
9: Have at least 3-5 sentences per post.
10: Make sure to have fun!

CHARACTER BIO:

Username:
Name:
Personality:
History:

POSITIONS:

Captain: Magus1108
Commander:
Chief Engineer: TokoToTheEnd
Security Chief: radcat101

Last edited by Magus1108 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:09 am

"Wie heisst du?"

Username: TokoToTheEnd
Name: Charlie Cross
Appearance: Charlie
Personality: Charlie is a tomboy. She is aggressive for a girl and doesn't like being told what to do. Still she has a level head most of the time and is pretty smart. She works hard and is a very persistant person. Hard-headed as well, she speaks her mind.
History: Charlie grew up as an only child which was strange for some people. She lived with her father most of the time (her parents being divorced) and he taught her all he knew about engineering. As Charlie went through school, she focused on engineering, finding the subject fascinating. Charlie started to work on smaller ships, some of them being ships searching for new life. She got a rep as an excellent egineer and eventually landed the job as the Chief Engineer on the Eden.

Username: TokoToTheEnd
Name: Keisuke el'Even
Appearance: Keisuke
Personality: Keisuke is one of those smooth boys. He's always making charming comments, flirting and complimenting anyone around him. He is a tricky person as well, being able to insult people without seeming to and getting others to help him. Keisuke is a pretty laid back person as well, but he isn't a slacker either.
History: Keisuke grew up with four older siblings and a younger sister. He never really had to compete that much for attention, using his charm to get people to pay attention to him. His mother once said he was going to be a conman when he got older. But Keisuke was interested in space travel and finding alien races and so he signed on to the Eden and was able to go.

Last edited by TokoToTheEnd on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Your reserve is noted.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Can I reserve a medic?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 4:58 pm

Of course.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Ah, now I remember what I forgot. Hey Toko, mind putting an age part in your character's bio?
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Sure. What age should they be around?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Well, considering she's the chief engineer....late twenties, early to late thirties, minimum. As for your crewman character, since he has no specific rank, any age above twenty would do.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:04 pm

Finished my characters.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Accepted. Hm, your male character kinda reminds me a little bit of James T. Kirk. Or at least, his charming and flirting side. Then again I could be wrong, since I've watched little of Star Trek TOS.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 6:26 pm

I never seen Star Trek, so if he is like him then it wasn't on purpose.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Username: almostinsane99
Name: Joshua T'Soni
Appearance: https://2img.net/h/i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/seraphim_lament/Naruto/Kabuto57.jpg
Personality: Joshua is a generally kind person, though a bit withdrawn when he buries himself into his studies. He's always been interested in what makes life from the cellular level up to the complex organs necessary for a human being to live. He's especially interested in life on other planets.
History: Joshua grew up in a well-to-do middle class family on earth and was always a bright kid, especially in the field of medicine. His parents both worked in the space program so it was inevitable that he would be on one of the ships exploring the stars, something that he's wanted to do ever since he was a kid and first saw a spaceship take off.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:32 pm

Almost accepted. Forgot one thing.
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:36 pm

Wie heisst du?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Now you're accepted.
Back to top Go down
radcat101

radcat101

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:09 pm

With a Wie heisst du, I'd like to reserve the position of Security Chief.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Noted.
Back to top Go down
radcat101

radcat101

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Character posting!

Username: radcat101

Name: Rob Morrows

Appearance: Tall and looming, Rob is very well built. His dark brown hair is always combed, regardless of the situation. His square chin is peppered in a thin layer of stubble, and his mouth is in a perpetual grimace. His nose and cheeks are covered in an array of scars, coming in all shapes sizes. Each one has it’s own story, but the most profound one juts from Rob’s forehead, across his now blind left eye, to the stump where his biological left arm once was. His new arm is a symbiotic piece of machinery, with advanced damage thresholds, and superior lifting capabilities.

Generally, Rob wears a black t-shirt with the Earth-Sphere Alliance’s logo on the back, in large white characters. He does have a dress uniform, but it only comes out when there’s someone politically important to impress.

Personality: Rob hates mostly everything. Coming from a lifetime of bleak, barren situations, he has come to distance himself from most human likes. Everything except duty, his crew, and fine cigars is classified as unimportant.

He doesn’t tolerate insubordination, and doesn’t hesitate to demonstrate his position on the ship.

History: Rob grew up on the colony of Shinos, 250 days aboard a Hyperion class frigate from earth. Shinos’ itself relied on the local marine garrison not only as protection, but as part of daily life. Evidently, some of that rubbed off on Rob, leading him to quit his job as a Floor manager in his father’s electronics factory, and to sign up with the marine peace-unit. Rob left behind a younger sister, as well as his family. They still keep in contact.

A 5-month term in a peacekeeping operation off-world saw him receive both a medal of valiance, a large promotion, and an IED blast that killed 3 squad-mates and relieved him of his left arm. He was honorably placed on security detail aboard the Starship Eden, to make amends for the war-wounds. Rob didn’t see it that way, and is antsy for action aboard the ship
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:47 pm

Accepted. I shall get my own characters up soon.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 8:29 pm

Here's my first character. After I get my next two up in another day or two, we'll start.

Username: Magus1108
Name: Mu Anderson
Appearance: Mu has blonde hair, and is a well-built man. He wears an eye-patch over his left eye, and has some burn scars on the left side of his face.
Personality: Mu is a nice person, and a bit of a laid-back captain. However he makes sure to take his job seriously, and can be harsh when needed.
History: Mu joined the Alliance military as soon as he turned eighteen. Mu’s parents had been soldiers in the Alliance military, and most of his family had been in the Alliance military at one time or another, so Mu sought to keep the tradition going. After much training, Mu became the tactical officer aboard the Starship Lancelot. Mu continued to rise up in rank over the years, eventually becoming second in command for the Starship Yammamoto. After proving himself in a fight against a hijacked Starship with the Captain of Yammamoto seriously injured, Mu was given his own command, the Starship Eden. Mu was initially excited about his first time in a deep-space exploration mission, but it quickly became rather boring for him. Still, he managed to get by, and the past three years as Captain of the Eden wasn’t a total loss.

Now that they have made contact with their first alien civilization, Mu is rather excited by this. He has longed for something out of the norm to happen, and, since he was a child, dreamed of making First Contact with another race.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 11:45 am

We starting soon?
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Tommorrow, I think.

Username: Magus1108
Name: Mary
Age: Physically she appears in her late thirties, but if you were to be literal about it, Mary is no older than 14 years old.
Appearance: Mary is a rather plain looking person, with nothing all that unique looking about her. Looks can be deceiving, however.
Personality: Mary acts emotionless most of the time, though that is because she has none. She does not seek to form friendships most of the time, and is content to just do well in her position as commander.
History: Mary is one of the first of the Third Generation Androids that have recently been made via technological and scientific advances in the Earth Sphere Alliance. Technically, Mary is not yet recognized as another sentient being, and her people have been treated as property of the Alliance government. Mary does not mind herself, though many people have protested to allow her and other androids to be recognized as sentient beings. After a few years of training, Mary was sent from starship to starship until settling down on the Eden as its commander. As of right now, she is the first of her kind to reach such a high position in the Alliance military. While many look upon her as a lesser being, Mary does not care what they think, and only strives to do the best she can for the Alliance. Now that they have discovered another sentient species, Mary is rather curious about them. Especially since they’re so similar to humans.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 12:06 am

((We begin now. Sorry for the late start.))

Mu Anderson

From the window in his ready room, Captain Mu Anderson of the Starship Eden gazed at the planet below, dubbed 'Zentari Prime' by the natives. It was a rather exciting time for him, and for the rest of the Alliance. After so long exploring the stars, they had finally made contact with another alien race. It was a historic moment in the history of humanity. No doubt many good things would come from this.

((Right now, everyone's on the ship. However, the Captain shall soon take a landing party with him to the surface of Zentari, to continue working on the treaty with the aliens.))
Back to top Go down
almostinsane99

almostinsane99

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:14 pm

Joshua yawned as he leaned back in his chair in Eden's lab. To tell the truth, he hadn't found the time to sleep the night before; he had been too busy studying some plant samples brought to him from Zentari Prime's surface.

Remarkably, the plants were very similar to those from back on Earth, which excited the scientist to no end. However, Joshua just couldn't wait to study the natives from the planet, specifically their body's. He wondered just how much different they were from his species. There were endless possibilities and they all fascinated him.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 3:35 pm

Charlie wiped some oil off her face as she exited the engine room. She was checking on it again. She didn't believe there was a problem, but it never hurt to be careful. Besides she felt the most peaceful in there. It reminded her of why she came.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Contact Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Contact   First Contact I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Contact
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: