New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You know you're a nerd when....

Go down 
+9
sean_hiruki
Ersher
Casey Jewels
Magus1108
Velox
Ghostmaker
nando_c_s
TokoToTheEnd
zukoscrazyfangirl
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

You know you're a nerd when.... Empty
PostSubject: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:55 pm

1. You had some energy and decided to teach yourself how to skip like dorothy on the yellow brick road.
I named it the munchkin shuffle
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 10:16 am

2. You spend your afternoons organizing your cds or video games (I have done the latter)
3. When someone makes a mistake you can't help but correct them whatever it may be.
4. People who spell things wrong on the internet or use improper grammer make you want to cry.
Back to top Go down
nando_c_s

nando_c_s

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:07 pm

5. When everybody comes to you for the hardest questions and equations.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 5:12 am

6. When you consider "Live long and prosper" to be a socially acceptable greeting.

7. When your conversations are 50/50 in English and in your own native-language because the terminology doesn’t exist in your own tongue.

8. When you know more about fictive worlds than the “real” one.

9. When you sometimes suddenly feel a pang of regret for the non-existence of dragons/elves/dwarves/other.

10. When you want to be cremated after you die and your ashes buried/spread on the Moon.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 am

11. When you make refer to fictional stories about issues.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 7:16 pm

12. When you and your friends memorize test material by matching it to one friend's yaoi fanfic

13. your parents are no longer surprised when you bring a manga volume to the check out counter
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:33 pm

14. Your parents start to buy you anything anime/manga related.

15. You get strange looks in the hall.

16. You are doing this game.

17. You're doing this game and are guilty of most of the things here.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 7:49 pm

18. When you look at things people post here and say "damn wish i'd said that first"

19. When you have just started watching star trek for the first time right now and are going "Damn, those people on the internet were right. this frickin rocks!"
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:55 pm

20. When you consider "May the Force be with you." to be a socially acceptable farewell/goodbye thingy. (Wanted to match Ghostmaker's.)

21. When you have to rely on "Otaku-ness" to memorize notes for Physics tests and quizzes. (And that matches ZCF's thing.)

22. Whenever you drop something on the floor, or want to get something that's out of your reach, you shoot your hand forward and act like you're trying to use the Force/telekinesis to get it...and then sigh in disappointment and go up and get it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:20 pm

23. You pretend to be a Sith Lord/Jedi Master from Star Wars fighting various enemies (guilty).

24: You image what you'd be like if you were born in a certain show/movie/game/ect. (Majorly guilty)

25: You'd rather think of fanfic/RP ideas instead of studying for a test. (....need I say it?)
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:57 pm

26. You feel insulted when your DARPA competition team comes in 2nd place to MIT. (Guilty)

27. You are sad when somebody in your fave chat room doesn't glomp you when you enter.

28. You find the sentence "Wanna hear a Chuck Norris joke?" To be a good way to start a conversation.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:49 pm

29. You start performing moves you've seen on tv (or online) in your room with the doorm shut.

30. You can't get through the day without referring to something nerdish.

31. You tend to fangirl (or boy) out when someone mentions in the slightest bit about something you like.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:33 pm

32. You can relate daily-regular-day-basis things to something that occured in an anime/manga/video game/misc.

33. When you cosplay at random times just for fun.

34. When you've weirded people out with your constant fangirl/fanboy-ing that they tend to ignore you whenever you start spazzing about something, even if you may be trying to tell them something important.

(I hope someone's guilty of this stuff, 'cause I'm mostly just randomly coming up with stuff. D)
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:43 pm

35. You just have a fangirl/boy moment at all ever in your life.
Back to top Go down
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:15 pm

36. Video Game references are extremely hilarious and are like inside jokes.

P.S. The cake is a lie.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 1:18 am

37. You pretend that you are in a battle for the future of the world when fencing.
^I actually do better in my duels when I do that.

38. You make obscure references when talking to other people and then laugh upon finding them funny, only for nobody else to know what you're talking about.
^My roommates have just accepted the fact that I'm strange.

39. You find yourself making grand motions in order to open an automatic door.
^I do that, from time to time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
zukoscrazyfangirl

zukoscrazyfangirl

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 7:43 am

40. Character deaths make you cry (You're not alone Casey)

41. You pretend to be kicking anime characters you don't like in the face at karate.

42. In school that you're adventuring with your favorite characters and they have you trapped there, but you're anime character will come to rescue you in seven hours.
(*Cricket* anybody? no? just me? well then....)
Back to top Go down
Ersher

Ersher

Location : On the run from two of the most beatiful dangerous Fire Nation women I've ever met, Azula & Ty Lee.

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 8:32 am

43. When you and a few friends come up with a webcomic idea and plan on giving tributes to well known animes and games in your comic.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:43 am

ZCF I do number 42 sometimes as well. Just in a different way.

44. You sometimes wonder what it would be like to be in an anime.
45. You have pretend conversations with anime characters.
46. You've accepted the strange looks you get from random people upon fangirling/boying out.
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:37 am

47. Take #20 and change it to an acceptable and highly professional password.
(Both Mr. Chang from Black Lagoon and myself are guilty of this)
48. Your Work/ Home Email is actually named after a Japanese Warlord.
49. You think of song titles and albums named after/ directly referencing Anime/ Manga/ Video Games (Guilty. I thought up a "Viking Rock" Album based off of the manga Vinland Saga
50. Anime Podcasts influence you to make your own Anime/ Vidjergame Podcast. ((Guilty. Anime World Order and Dave and Joel's Fast Karate for the Gentlemen both influenced me to make my own podcast, Anime Life Style)
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 10:49 am

(^I wanna watch those podcast thingys! And did you mean the #20 I posted, or the actual #20...?)

51. When you become involved in postwars that people don't know about.
(So far I've got Toko and myself as being guilty...yeah...)

52. When hurrying to get to your next class, you say things like "TRANS-AM!" or other such speedy boost references from Anime/Manga/Video Games/Misc.

53. When you spend too much time thinking of things to put on this game.

54. When you cause this game to achieve Page 2 (PAGE CLAIM FOR ALL TEH "NERDINESS!!!" >D)
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 12:31 pm

((I mean "May the force be with you" #20.))
55. In the middle of class/ work where you have a fellow anime fan friend, you yell "TETSUO!" and they yell back, "KANEDA!!"
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:50 pm

{Oh, okay. And #55. would be a whole lot funnier if I knew which series that was from...-__- }

56. When you attempt to argue with your friend about how to shoot a gun in real life after you've lost a round while playing a sport target game, and how the applied technique you learned from watching anime caused you to fail. (It was Mario/Sonic at the Olympic Games, the shooting one, and I fired two shots at once so I'd have a better chance of hitting the target...yes, I ran out of ammo. The anime was Monster BTW.)
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:16 am

((The movie Akira. Especially the first dub. And Monster is an excellent series ))
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:45 pm

{AH! That movie is on my to do list. (I had a link to the movie once before...)}

57. When you have a chess set in every single room of your house. (Not guilty, but it was in a prologue to a book. I bet it was very important to the plot though. I'd hafta get the actual book to find out though.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You know you're a nerd when....   You know you're a nerd when.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You know you're a nerd when....
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: General :: Games and Stuff-
Jump to: