New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Atrum Res Vomica Nos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

Atrum Res Vomica Nos Empty
PostSubject: Atrum Res Vomica Nos   Atrum Res Vomica Nos I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:19 pm

It is a dark time for the city of Treina. Decades ago it was part of a small country, Maloi, before the rise of Umbra Imperium. The organization arrived in Treina, and was one of many that broke apart Maloi, leaving Treina isolated from other cities, though they are also under control of other groups as well. Umbra Imperium is a cult, the members all have the ability to use shadows at will. They can hide completely with it, blind people from the world around them, even cause illusions and prompt insanity in some people. The possibilities are endless, and the Treina citizens live in constant fear that they will be subjected to the horror of the shadows.

Suddenly, something unprecedented happens. Someone new enters the town, alone. Even more amazing, he shines a light from his palm and reveals a Umbra Imperium member, and while stunned at the development, the stranger kills him, nothing remained of him. So begins the newest chapter in Treina's history, possible freedom from Umbra Imperium. Will this stranger be able to overthrow Umbra Imperium, or be overwhelmed by the might of the mysterious organization? And the most important question, would he even be willing to face off against them for the sake of the town, or will he move on?

Rules:

1. No godmodding, one liners, ect.
2. Cursing is allowed, just don't go overboard.
3. Questions are meant to be asked, so ask if you have one.
4. Let's keep blood and gore minimal, please.
5. This will be a mature RP, but let's not have descriptions of entrails.
6. Decent post length please, no less than three lines.
7. You can have as many characters as you want, just keep tabs on them.
8. Use good grammar; if you have many grammar mistakes in a post, please go back and fix them, preferably before you post it at all. We all have bad days, one or two mistakes are fine occasionally.
9. Read the rules.
10. I reserve the right to add/modify rules.
11. Umbra Imperium is commanded by three people, but they are not very active, they let others do work for them.

Application:

Username:
Name:
Affiliation (UI member or citizen):
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Atrum Res Vomica Nos   Atrum Res Vomica Nos I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Accepted Characters:

Username: manysidestome
Name: Kaine
Affiliation: UI
Appearance: Wears a black cloak with a hood up obscuring his face. No flesh is visible, as he wears black gloves and boots along with his cloak.
Personality: He can be cold, but he is not overly cruel. He's efficient, but doesn't see the need to kill the source of their profit, citizens.
History: Kaine is a mystery, it's only known that he's Umbra Imperium's top assasin, and for good reason. He has yet to be bested by another member, or anyone that's fought against him. He expertly uses the shadows to his advantage and is silent enough to be undetected by most of his victims. He does not really care about this new comer, his orders are what concerns him, and until he's sent to deal with this stranger, he won't bother with it.
Other:

Last edited by manysidestome on Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Atrum Res Vomica Nos   Atrum Res Vomica Nos I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Anything Else
Back to top Go down
Magus1108

Magus1108

Location : Aboard the Death Star, preparing to destroy the Rebel Alliance. Fear me and obey!

PostSubject: Re: Atrum Res Vomica Nos   Atrum Res Vomica Nos I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:53 pm

I'd like to reserve a spot please. I assume this mystery guy is being played by you, MST?
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Atrum Res Vomica Nos   Atrum Res Vomica Nos I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:14 am

Username: Casey Jewels

Name: Laura Skye

Affiliation (UI member or citizen): Citizen

Appearance: The most notable feature of Laura is her golden brown eyes. They give away her emotions, truly acting as the window to her soul. Her dark brown hair is usually pulled back into a ponytail, but she lets is hang loosely about her when trying to impress. Her skin is lightly tanned and she is around 5’7” in height. She is most comfortable in a baggy hoodie and blue jeans, but can also be found in darker color t-shirts. Her feet are covered by white tennis shoes, which have become filthy by her constant walks around town.

Personality: Laura is very curious in nature, which was part of what led her to her career as a reporter. She enjoys researching and stringing obscure facts together in order to form a story or answer. When on the hunt for facts, there is little that can detour her. She will do practically anything for her story. However, when not on the job, she is a quiet individual who just sits and observes those around her.

History: Laura grew up in an average household, thinking that she was an only child. She was a curious kid, always poking her head into other people’s business. She grasped onto facts easily and was able to piece things together without much trouble. Because of this, everyone always knew that she was going to be a reporter.

At the age of ten, Laura stumbled upon a photograph of her parents holding a baby girl in their arms—a girl that wasn’t her. Immediately she dived into the investigation, but she was careful to keep it from her parents. After several months of searching, she discovered that she had a sister, who had died two years before she was born.

Furious at her parents, she confronted them. They fought and Laura came away from it more determined than ever to pursue a job as a reporter.

After graduating from high school, she moved to the city of Treina, taking a job as a reporter for the local newspaper there. Shortly after this move, the town was isolated by the arrival of Umbra Imperium. She now is doing her best just to survive.

Other: She always has a yellow pad and a pen on her.

Inspired By: http://isaiahs.deviantart.com/art/Letters-from-the-sky-138051659

Will be finished, at one point.

Done

Last edited by Casey Jewels on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Atrum Res Vomica Nos   Atrum Res Vomica Nos I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:42 am

I guess I'll reserve a spot too. I'll try to PM you MSTM...tomorrow somewhere around this time. I don't know. I just might have some questions if I do PM you, and my schedule is changing, and I'll be notifying people of it soon.

Oh. Rule # 9 states "Read the Rules." Just making sure that you knew that I know that.
Back to top Go down
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: Atrum Res Vomica Nos   Atrum Res Vomica Nos I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:52 am

(I'd like to reserve a spot here, and since Shadow Moonseye's staying with me for a bit longer, I'll be reserving a spot for her as well)
Back to top Go down
Sarcastic Master
Admin
Sarcastic Master

PostSubject: Re: Atrum Res Vomica Nos   Atrum Res Vomica Nos I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 8:06 am

Ok, Velox.

Reserves noted.

Magus, actually I'm letting the mystery guy go up for grabs. Whoever takes him though will have to contact me by pm so I can explain who he is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atrum Res Vomica Nos   Atrum Res Vomica Nos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atrum Res Vomica Nos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: Roleplaying :: The Roleplay Graveyard-
Jump to: