New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST! Empty
PostSubject: Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST!   Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:52 am

This is on the NaNoWriMo site, but spazzy and I thought a lot of people here would like it. The basic idea is that you are given a time limit (say a certain time like 4:00-4:30) and sometimes a subject. You then see how many words you can type in the limit and how much of a story you can get in. If you're like me and need a timer I have a link below. ^^ If people like the idea I'll be posting the first subject soon!

http://ywp.nanowrimo.org/wordwars
http://www.online-stopwatch.com/

~*~

Okay I'm skipping the if people like this. The first time we do this there won't be any judging it'll just be for fun and so people can get used to it. The second time either spazzy or I will judge. Now here we go with the subject! But first I guess I must give tips. After you state the subject you need to give details. You can either put 'Free Range!' And let us run wild or give weird things to do like, 'Have your main character quote a famous character somewhere near the beginning.' Or something of the like. And also put an ending time. By that time entries will be closed and judging should be up either at that time or soon the next day. Okey dokey? Oh and all be nice please. No breaking any rules. Thankies.

!Adventure!
Details: In your story you must include an elf, a human, and a ball of string.
Time Limit: 15 minutes
Ending Time: 10:00 pm EST
Back to top Go down
http://bulbsquirmanderchu.deviantart.com/
SpazzyMcSpazz

SpazzyMcSpazz

PostSubject: Re: Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST!   Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:12 pm

Hmm, an elf... this wouldn't have to do with the fact you are obsessed with Lord of the Rings right now would it?
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST!   Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Nope. ^^ It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I updated my novel info either. ^^"
Back to top Go down
SpazzyMcSpazz

SpazzyMcSpazz

PostSubject: Re: Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST!   Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:14 pm

...Now I have to look at that too! Darn it... and btw, I'm gonna make a really funny story for my NaNo WriMo.
Back to top Go down
Lol Lol Lol

Lol Lol Lol

PostSubject: Re: Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST!   Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm

Well I'm extending this another two days. Tomorrow at 10 EST have your posts in!

520 words. (I could've typed more, but I couldn't think of anything which is why this is so retarded. Razz) I guess you could call it 'The Many Adventures of Himley and Lethlan.'

Once in the mystical land of Orbadan there lived three species. Elf, Human, and Dwarf. The three lived in harmony for a long time, but when an evil king came to rule the human domain he declared war on the elves and dwarves.

The elves and dwarves were caught by surprise and were forced back by their advanced technology. The only one that really stood a chance were the elves with their amazing archery.

Eventually the King was assassinated by a brave dwarf and there was momentary peace. But it did not last long. The King's son took rule and ordered all dwarves to be executed.

Sadly there are only a handful of dwarves left and they are always in hiding.

To rebuild the Dwarf civilization a human and an elf had to team up to gather the materials needed.

"What?!" The human cried in outrage. "They sent us all this way for a ball of string?!" Himley had a very bad temper and was quite obnoxious at times.

"Calm down. There's obviously something else... Maybe it does something special." The elf was the exact opposite.

"Come now, Lethlan, how is a ball of string suppose to do anything?"

Lethlan tentively picked it up. As soon as he did his ear twitched. "Something moved..."

"Of course you have to ruin everything, I told you something would happen!"

Lethlan glared at the human and waited. Suddenly a loud roar sounded. The duo turned to see a large dragon.

Lethlan swore in elvish.

"What does that mean?" Himley asked stupidly.

"It' means get the heck out of here!" Lethlan pulled out his bow and began to shoot and run backwards at the same time. Himley ran behind the dragon and started chopping at its tail.

It roared and turned to Himley. It inhaled deeply preparing to blow fire. "Himley, you're not helping."

"I noticed!" He then turned and ran for it. "Why do the dwarves need a dragon?"

At the name dwarf the dragon froze. It turned and rammed into a wall, proceeding to knock down a wall and kill itself.

It was silent for a moment. "What good does a self destructing dragon do?"

Lethlan ignored him and headed towards the wall. As he approached he saw a maze. "A labyrinth. Whatever's down here it has to be good."

"Well if the stupid dragon hadn't killed itself we could use it to ram through the walls."

"We need something to mark where we've gone..." He looked down at the dragon.

"No way."

Lethlan smirked. "Scoop up the blood and put it in a sack."

Himley grimaced and made a gash in the dragon he then found a helmet from a skeleton. He then filled it with the blood. "There the deed is done."

"Where did you find this helmet?"

"On a skeleton over there..."

"Idiot! You do not disturb the dead!"

"How was I suppose to kn-" Suddenly a loud howl was heard.

"Look what you've done, Himley! You've sent evil spirits after us!"

"I didn't mean to-"

"Just run!" Lethlan dropped the helmet of blood and ran through the lab-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST!   Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Word Wars - Subject is up! Deadline is 10pm EST!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: General :: Games and Stuff-
Jump to: