New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite Video Games

Go down 
+18
Lucifa
defy_gravity3295
Kogami
sean_hiruki
Ghostmaker
Plaguewalker
zukoscrazyfangirl
TokoToTheEnd
hey_mai_Zukos_mine
Velox
Alec
radcat101
Shadow Moonseye
EmilCrane
Lol Lol Lol
Sarcastic Master
Nightmare13
R0M4N
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker

Favorite Video Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 6:42 pm

The Elder Scrolls series has a special place in my heart^^ The stories they tell are epic, yet so "belivable" that you feel pulled in and captivated by the strugles of these characters. Of all the games, I have to pick Morrowind as my favorite for the deep storyline and perfect mix of action and RPG.

I also have to say that Age of Empires is really high on my list since "The Age of Kings" was the game that really got me into gaming.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 2:09 pm

Plaguewalker wrote:
Disgaea. I love it to pieces, Doods! Action! Drama! Exploding Penguins! Truely, the pinnicale of SRPG.

You're my new favorite person. I totally agree with you Plague.
Back to top Go down
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:53 pm

TokoToTheEnd wrote:
Plaguewalker wrote:
Disgaea. I love it to pieces, Doods! Action! Drama! Exploding Penguins! Truely, the pinnicale of SRPG.

Yay! I'm a favorite! And I see you are also a large fan of Nippon Ichi. They are a marvelous gaming company...I've missed so many of their games though... I wish I could play all their old ones...
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Plaguewalker wrote:
TokoToTheEnd wrote:
Plaguewalker wrote:

Yay! I'm a favorite! And I see you are also a large fan of Nippon Ichi. They are a marvelous gaming company...I've missed so many of their games though... I wish I could play all their old ones...

I have:
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
La Pucelle: Tactics
Phantom Brave
Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana
Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - DS
Disgaea DS

I want some of the others (especially Makai Kingdom), but what I like the most is how the games are connected. I know it's mainly as hidden bosses, but I believe Rhapsody is kind of like a prequel to La Pucelle: Tactics.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:16 pm

I got Bioshock. Damn that shit is creepy. Lurves it though. For a horror FPS it is amazing. It's use of 50s style culture, plus creepy destroyed inescapable city, plus insane and powerful badguys, plus of course, super powers, it really mixed in well to create a marvelous game. I have to admit, I played it with full brightness for a little while. ^^'
Back to top Go down
http://www.writersplayhouse.blogspot.com/
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:06 pm

My top Favorites:
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (PS2) has to be my favorite RPG of all time.

Al Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors Games as well as Warriors Orochi 1 and 2. I like WO2 a little more because of Sun Wukong and characters are painless to unlock.

Guilty Gear X and XX

Blaz Blu is also really good

Makai Kingdom. Crispin Freeman as a BADASS FREAKEN' OVERLORD?! Totally awesome.The other Disgaea are fun too.

The main Resident Evil Series (0-5 and Code Veronica); namely RE2 because it is the first time you get to experience a Zombie Infested city. All the RE games have their creepyness, strange story (But damn I love it) and cool characters.

Silent Hill 1-3; while 4 and 5 sucked (Four more than Five, in my opinion), the first three games were creepy fun. I remember watching my older step-brother play Silent Hill 1 when I was like ten and being scared like hell.

Assassin's Creed; Now, some people didn't like this one as much as they expected they would. It is repetitive, yes. But what is better than stabbing a guard in the back with a totally awesome Hidden Dagger?
Stabbing TWO guards AT ONCE with TWO HIDDEN DAGGERS, that's what!
AC2 is going to be awesome.

Tekken Series; They are awesome, what more can I say?

Dead Or Alive series (The Fighting Games, not the Volleyball); All are fun and cool in their own way. Yes, the ladies might be nice to look at, but it also has an awesome tribute to Jakie Chan (At least his character in Drunken Master and Legend of the Drunken Master) and Bruce Lee.
And Ayane is cooler than Kasumi. Just putting that out there.

Soul Edge and the Soul Caliber Series; I may not be the greatest Mitsurugi player ever, but I'm not all that bad. Contrary to the internet, I like Soul Caliber 1 more than SC2. I have (Well, HAd. I'll explain at the bottom of this post) Soul Caliber 4 for 360. I enjoy making Anime, Manga, Video Game, Original and Movie characters in Character Creation.

Virtua Fighter/ Virtual Fighter 5; Another great batch of Fighting Games. Five is actually my favorite this time around. Eileen is one of my favorites because of her Monkey Style Kung Fu. I like all the characters and can use them all well enough. I hate fighting Akira though. I like the costume editing system and Badge system. Yes, one of my Eileen costumes is her as Sun Wukong (Or Son Goku, if you prefer).

Street Fighter; What is a video game list without Street Fighter? I like all the games, and DAN is the best!

Bioshock; Or System Shock 2, is awesome. I can't wait for Bioshock 2.

I'm out of time now, but I'll list more later.

And now an explanation: I won't give all the details as to why, but my little brother sold my 360 including the Hard Drive and most of my games. He is going to buy me all my games, a new 360 as well as a few new games (Tekken 6, among others). When I get it back I'll post my Xbox Live Account.
Back to top Go down
EmilCrane

EmilCrane

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:52 pm

Quote :
The Elder Scrolls series has a special place in my heart^^ The stories they tell are epic, yet so "belivable" that you feel pulled in and captivated by the strugles of these characters. Of all the games, I have to pick Morrowind as my favorite for the deep storyline and perfect mix of action and RPG.

this

The elder scrolls series is awesome, I could play Oblivion over and over again, I still am going through on my first playthrough of morrowing, just doing all I can and taking it slow (I've had it for several years)
Back to top Go down
sean_hiruki

sean_hiruki

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Ah yes Morrowwind. Good times. Good times. Oblivion is also a very good game.
Back to top Go down
Velox

Velox

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:27 pm

I can't really agree, or disagree with you sean about the Soul Series, 'cause I only have Soul Calibur 2. (It's the only fighting game except for SSB games and a couple Godzillas...I think. I do have a Street Fighter Game for the GBA.)

Anyone play that new Dragon Age game yet? Origins? (I think I saw Ghostmaker mention it...as something that was preventing him from RPing. D)
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:42 pm

Origins destroyed my life for like a week, then I got AC2, and all was well. But that shit is addictive. Mages rule though. Be a mage. Mages FTW. Mages. But yeah, AC2 is bad ass. Ezio Auditore is way better than Altair. It's so prettyful. But make no mistake, nothing you haven't seen already really. It's sort of just adding to the first game. Not a whole lot is better about it, except for swimming. It's still a great game though.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:02 am

I'm really liking the Persona series. A good mix between a sims game and an rpg game.
Back to top Go down
Plaguewalker

Location : Today I am here. By tommorrow, I will be gone. What hopes do you have of catching my song?

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 5:38 pm

I found that Assassin's Creed 2 was a vast improvement upon the first game. The kills were better, the stealth mechanics were more fleshed, the world was well realized, the voice actor for Leonardo was a little...well, bland. All in all though, the game has grown and learnt from the mistakes of the first. However, I believe Altair would destroy Ezio, if the two ever came into conflict. It wouldn't be hard at all.

On another note, I just started Last Remnant, and I am enjoying it. It's a rather interesting take on the usual tried and over-used battle methods that RPGs have been ripping since it came out...
Back to top Go down
Kogami

Kogami

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 10:32 pm

OK lets start this off by saying this....I love ALL games. But my favorite are FPS's, RPG MMO, and Racing. I am currently hooked on Forza 3 and MW 2 (Modern Warfare). I will give any game a chance. But that doesnt mean I will finish it. I am usually on XBox live playing COD, and Forza. But the school I am at put a stop to that (no Net).
Back to top Go down
defy_gravity3295

defy_gravity3295

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:20 pm

I love video games!! I have a lot of favorites. Any Harvest Moon games, I like the Jak games, pokemon games are fun. Also the Avatar: The Last Airbender games. Mainly the pokemon games though. I only have leafgreen, gold, heartgold, and diamond. but i'm looking forward to the new black and white games. hahaa.
Back to top Go down
Lucifa

Lucifa

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:06 pm

Some series I like are:
Dragon Quest
Shin Megami Tensei (same makers of Persona)
Anything from Nippon Ichi (or NIS America)

My favourite game of all time is Okami. The most beautiful game ever.
Back to top Go down
TokoToTheEnd

TokoToTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:19 pm

Lucifa wrote:
Anything from Nippon Ichi (or NIS America)

You are awesome
Back to top Go down
BlackSwan

BlackSwan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:40 am

Big fan of Bioware RPGs and Fallout games. Smile
Back to top Go down
TheMusicGirl

TheMusicGirl

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Ah...favorite video games...
Super Mario Sunshine. Yeah, it's old, but it was the first video game that I ever loved. So nyah.
Zelda games as well...especially the ones featuring Toon Link. It takes me forever to figure out the puzzles, but the storyline is just too good. And ohmahgoodnessIlovemesometoonlink.
Drawn to Life, if you've ever heard of it...obviously, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2...the Pokemon games, definately.
Portal 2 is pretty exciting for me, but I don't have it. I just like watching people play it. ^-^
Also Touhou. But I would never attempt playing it. I could never get past the impossible levels and I would NEVER stoop down so low as to play it on easy mode. But yeah, I like games!
Back to top Go down
Warboss_Spriggs

Warboss_Spriggs

Location : 'ow's I suppost ta know? Now get back ta work, ya miserable grot!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:04 pm

I'm with BlackSwan: Bioware and Fallout, but to be more general, Bethesda games.

Also, Halo is awesome, Mario must die, id software has some great games for anyone that remembers Quake and Doom, Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games.

Also, the Unreal Tournament series is awesome, though I'd like to see Domination added to UT3 with the green and gold teams.
Back to top Go down
Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:29 am

Warboss_Spriggs wrote:
I'm with BlackSwan: Bioware and Fallout, but to be more general, Bethesda games.

QFT^^ My anticipation for Skyrim can be measured in both desibel and on the Richter scale.
I'm tempted to make a passivist character who'll be dual-wielding sheilds Cool

Recently I also re-discovered my love of classical JRPGs when I started playing Golden Sun: Dark Dawn for the DS. I played the first two Golden Sun games on the GBA and loved them^^ Kinda reminds me of A:TLA with its fokus on the four elements.
Back to top Go down
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 1:00 pm

Y'all playin' Legends Arceus?
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2023 9:41 pm

Nightmare13 wrote:
Y'all playin' Legends Arceus?

I meant to respond back when I saw this post and then almost an entire year has passed... The answer is yes, though. I love Legends. I still haven't beaten it, but it's because I enjoy the research tasks. Razz Something is really satisfying about completing a Pokedex entry.

I've had a ton of fun with it and I really hope they do more with this concept.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Nightmare13

Nightmare13

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2023 11:40 am

I'll join the posting approximately one year later club! I hope they do more with it too! It was a lot of fun to lean into playing biologist instead of makin' it all about the battles. With Scarlet and Violet in the rearview, I honestly think I liked the separate map locations with one detailed hub a little better. Something about the towns in Salt and Vinegar lacked the charm they normally have.

I still haven't finished it either! I should really go back, but filling out the rest of the entries seems like it'll take too much effort. Razz Fingies still crossed for another Legends game though.

Any other games y'all have been playing? I'm guessing this crowd is deep in the paint with Baldur's Gate 3, and hopefully in the 2 years (apparently) it'll take me to get back I'll have tried it too.

Gotta say though, night after the game awards, I'm disappointed Venba didn't get more love! It's so good! Perfect one evening video game for experiencing generational trauma and crying a lot!
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2023 1:16 am

Yeah, I really hope they do more with Legends. It's the Pokemon game I keep going back to out of their newer ones.

Violet/Scarlet took some steps in the right direction, but it feels like an unfinished game with the lack of indoor locations (and the towns did feel lackluster) and with quite a few NPCs not having dialogue. Not to mention the framerate issues, and I also struggle with the "bike" controls when it comes to climbing (just grab onto the slope and climb, please). The world also felt kind of empty, just with a ton of items scattered around. I also hate that trainers no longer battle you on sight.

I still enjoy Violet, but it and Sword/Shield have a lot of issues. I really wish they would slow down Pokemon's generation schedule so they had more time to work on the games. I also wish they'd give us real villain teams again.

I did like Nemona as a rival, though. I'm tired of friendly rivals, but she had enough of a competitive drive to her that she felt different than the other friendly rivals from previous games. I know some people hate her, but I really enjoyed her character.

As for other games? Well, I was going to get Hogwarts Legacy for my Switch, but after seeing the comparison videos... I bought it on Steam instead. I haven't tried installing it yet to see if it'll run on my laptop (which I doubt it will), but I have it for whenever I get a new laptop (my current one is near the end of its lifespan, I think).

I have been playing Tears of the Kingdom. I took a break from it, but I plan on getting back into it soon. I've been catching up on Violet's DLC before the next one drops. I'm slow at game progress, but I just have the Gorons left for the main four races. I've really enjoyed the game thus far, though I hate the building mechanic... I'm just really bad at it/find it frustrating. Tears also feels harder in general, as I'm constantly getting game overs.

I also plan on playing the My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! game once it arrives. It's based on an anime/light novel series (isekai/otome), and I waited forever for it to be ported, so I'm super excited. Of course no physical stores in my area have it, though, and there's been delays in it actually being shipped to me... So, no getting to play it this weekend like I had hoped.

Other than that, I haven't played too much. It's hard to balance work, writing (personal and roleplay), reading, shows, and video games. Razz

I've never played any of the Baldur's Gate games, nor have I heard of Venba. I didn't watch the game awards, though I've also been busy with real life stuff. Maybe I'll check out the highlights over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Video Games   Favorite Video Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Video Games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2