New Worlds Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayers gather at their own site: New Worlds RPs!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) Empty
PostSubject: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:06 pm

Welcome, reader, to my secret lair of fanfiction.

I used to write fanfiction on a fairly regular basis, but my original works demanded the time I was spending with fanfiction. Still, it is something I enjoy doing and so I thought that I’d share with you some of my pieces.

Table of Contents
Ozai’s Lament ----------------------------- T --- 2008 --- Page 1
The Gift –----------------------------------- K --- 2006 --- Page 1
Side By Side ------------------------------- T --- 2007 --- Page 1
Much Too Young --------------------------- T --- 2007 --- Page 1
A Nuisance --------------------------------- T --- 2009 --- Page 1
Silver Amulets ----------------------------- K --- 2006 --- Page 1
Surprise ------------------------------------ K --- 2009 --- Page 1
Tough Like Toph --------------------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 1
Airbending ---------------------------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 1
Avatar -------------------------------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 1
Sahasrara ---------------------------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 1
Bodhisattva --------------------------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 1
Ahimsa -------------------------------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 1
Tokka Week 1 (Alone) --------------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 1
Tokka Week 2 (Touch) --------------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Tokka Week 3 (Moonlight) ----------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Tokka Week 4 (Boomerang!)--------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Tokka Week 5 (Invisible) ------------------ K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Tokka Week 6 (Sympathy) ---------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Tokka Week 7 (Legacy) -------------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 1 (Jet/Zuko) --------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 2 (Toph/Iroh) ------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 3 (Azula/Sokka/Zuko) ---- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 4 (Mai/Piando) ------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 5 (Suki/Zuko) ------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 6 (Mai/Sokka) ------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 7 (Iroh/Tea) --------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 8 (Smellerbee/Longshot) - K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 9 (Yue/Sokka) ------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 10 (Appa/Momo) ---------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 11 (Mai/Suki) -------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 12 (Zuko/Aang) ----------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 13 (Mai/Ty Lee) ----------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 14 (Suki/Jin) -------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 2
Shipping Month 15 (Jet/Haru) -------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 16 (Ty Lee/Sokka) ------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 17 (Ursa/Ozai) ------------ K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 18 (Ty Lee/Zuko) --------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 19 (Azula/Katara) -------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 20 (Toph/Sokka) --------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 21 (Haru/Suki) ----------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 22 (Jin/Zuko) ------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 23 (Sokka/Azula) --------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 24 (Zuko/Katara) --------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 25 (Suki/Sokka) ---------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 26 (Ty Lee/Azula) --------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 27 (Mai/Zuko) ------------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 28 (Toph/Zuko) ----------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 29 (Katara/Aang) --------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 30 (Iroh/Zuko) ------------ K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Shipping Month 31 (Katara/Sokka) -------- K --- 2010 --- Page 3
Snape's Werewolf Lesson ------------------ K ---- 2011 --- Page 3
Together --------------------------------------- K ---- 2011 --- Page 4
Categories
Ozai's Lament
Tough Like Toph
Airbending
Sahasrara
Bodhisattva
Ahimsa
Tokka Week 1-7 2010
Shipping Month 1-30 2010

Digimon
Season 2
The Gift

Harry Potter
Side By Side
Silver Amulets
Snape's Werewolf Lesson

Pokemon
A Nuisance

The Legend of Zelda
Much Too Young

Oban: Star-Racers
Surprise
Tough Like Toph

Princess Tutu
Together

Last edited by Casey Jewels on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:34 pm; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/215440
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:08 pm

Ozai’s Lament

He stared at the stone wall with eyes clouded over in a strange mixture of grief and longing. He had had it all. He had lost it all. Death would have been better than this… this… existence. If it could even be called that.

He had lost part of himself—a part of himself that he could never have back. The Avatar…

His features hardened, losing their crazed look for a moment. The Avatar hadn’t been able to do it; he hadn’t been able to end the Phoenix King’s life. But instead the Avatar had inflicted a worse punishment.

Again he asked himself the question that had been plaguing him ever since that fateful day. How had it happened?

He had been on top of the world.

He had been on his way to victory.

He had had Sozin’s Comet on his side!

But yet…

His golden eyes slid shut and his head tilted down, sending a few loose strands of his wild hair fell across his perfect face. But he made no move to push them back. What was the point, when he had lost everything?

Firebending…

Firebending was a part of who he was. No, not just a part. Being a firebender was who he was. It was a very part of his genetic makeup. But the Avatar had changed that.

The Avatar had taken away his world.

The Avatar had taken away his throne.

The Avatar had taken away his firebending.

And then the Avatar had let him live.

But he didn’t feel like he was living.

This existence of his, it was nothing more than Spirit Prison in disguise. This was anything but life.

Living couldn’t be this painful.

He had to be dying—slowly.

Everything he had ever lived for was gone.

His family was no more.

His dreams were dead.

His firebending was gone.

But yet, somehow, he remained.

The Phoenix King.

The Fire Lord.

Ozai.

What do you think?

I couldn’t help but write this after watching the finale for the first time.

And yes, I know that Spirit Prison really isn’t a part of the Avatar universe, but they never mentioned where evil people went when they died, and I didn’t want to stick Hell in, because it didn’t feel right. So live with it.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:20 pm

This is an older Digimon fanfic I wrote in the year of 2006. However, it still remains one of my favorite fanfic pieces.

Note: A piece of fanart I found a long time ago inspired this story, and thus Ken and Leafmon meet in a different fasion then they do in the show. Also, I used a few lines from the book You Are Special.

The Gift

“I’m going for a walk,” a young boy said as he pulled on a blue sweatshirt. His parents didn’t answer. They were too busy gloating over Sam’s latest accomplishment.

The nine-year-old boy sighed. Nobody ever paid attention to him. It was Sam this, Sam that. Sam was the amazing one, not him. The boy put on his large brown coat and buttoned it up. He then put on a purplish-pinkish scarf, moving his dark purple, shoulder length hair out of the way. He headed towards the door.

“Where are you going, Ken?” Mrs. Ichijouji asked him.

“For a walk,” the boy answered.

“Be careful,” His father said.

“I will.”

Ken slipped on his black snowshoes and left.

Once he was outside he smiled, but only for a second. It was snowing lightly. About two inches already lay on the ground. I wish they would pay more attention to me. It’s like I don’t even exist. I’ll never live up to Sam.

Ken walked over by the park. A group of about seven children were building a snowman. They had the bottom done and were working on creating the middle. He sighed as he watched them laughing and having a good time. I wish I had someone to play with. Sam’s too busy to have time to play with me. He continued on, seeing children playing tag, having snowball fights, talking with friends and just having a good time. Ken wiped away a tear that had begun to form. I just want a friend. Is that too much to ask?

He left the park and walked over to his favorite bookstore. He walked in. His cheeks were rosy and he was shivering slightly. The warm air felt good. He began to browse the kids’ section, which was near the front of the shop. Ten minutes later, when he was about to leave, a large red book caught his eye. He pulled it out of the shelf. There was a drawing of a wooden person on the front, lying beside some wood carving tools. The title, You Are Special, was written in the center of the cover. He turned the book over and read the back:

The world tells kids, “You are special if…

If you have the brains, the looks, the talent.”

God tells them, “You’re special just because. No qualifications necessary.”

Only one of those messages will find its place in their hearts.

That’s why every child you know needs to hear this one, reassuring truth:

“YOU ARE PRECIOUS IN HIS SIGHT.”

Ken smiled and glanced at the price for the book, 6.99. He had eight dollars with him. He walked over to the cash register and handed the middle-aged woman the book, which she then scanned.

Ken handed her the money. She took it and handed him the change. He stuffed it in his pocket and grabbed the book.

“Thank you for shopping here,” the lady said.

Ken nodded and left. He tucked the precious book in his coat, under his arm. Ken headed home.

He was almost there when he tripped on something under the snow and fell. He sat up and glanced at what he had tripped over. A large egg lay on the ground, partially buried under the snow. It was white with specks of green on it. He touched it with his hand. The egg glowed with a bright light and rose into the air. The egg broke apart and a small green creature landed on the ground. It was round, like a soccer ball, but smaller. It had a leaf over its head. It was entirely green except for its pink nose.

“What-who are you?” Ken asked.

“My name is Leafmon. I’m your partner,” the creature said.

“Leafmon?” Ken said slowly.

Leafmon nodded.

“Do you want to be my friend?”

“Of course I do.”

Ken stood up, clutching the book in one hand. “Do you want to come home with me?”

“Yes.”

Ken scooped Leafmon up, set down his book and wrapped his scarf around him. He picked up his book and headed home.

His parents and Sam were in the living room. They were still gloating over Sam. He snuck into his room and closed the door. He set Leafmon and the book on his bed. He took off his coat and scarf and threw them on the floor.

“What book do you have?” Leafmon asked.

You Are Special. Do want me to read it to you?”

“Yes!” Leafmon bounced up and down on the bed.

“Alright.” Ken sat down on the bed and picked up the book. Leafmon sat beside him. He opened the book to the first page and started to read. “The Wemmicks were small wooden people…”

“…And when he did, a dot fell to the ground.”
Ken finished. The story had comforted him immensely. “Did you like it?” Ken asked Leafmon as he put the book down.

“Yep,” Leafmon said. “You’re the best friend I’ve ever had.”

Ken smiled. “You’re my best friend too,” He whispered softly.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:22 pm

This poem is a tribute to Remus and Tonks. There are spoilers for DH. This has been written in Remus’ POV and it basically wrote itself after… *cries*

Side By Side

Side by side
We have always been

Side by side
We loved
We made vows to always stay together
I was a monster
But yet you still loved me

Side by side
We talked
We wanted to have a child
But I was afraid that he’d be like me
You convinced me that it didn’t matter

Side by side
We laughed
Our son’s smiling face beamed up at us
You gave him to me to hold
I almost dropped him out of excitement

Side by side
We fought
When Hogwarts needed help we came
We fought off many Death Eaters
We helped to buy time for Harry Potter

Side by side
We died
We sacrificed ourselves for the greater good
We took many Death Eaters with us
Then death called out our own names

Side by side
We lie buried
Our hands are clasped together
As a sign on our everlasting love
And our spirits soar together in this next life

Side by side
We have always been
Side by side
We will always stay
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:27 pm

This story deals with the Zelda game of Ocarina of Time, and is from Link's POV. Also, it was inspired by Garth Brook's song Much Too Young To Feel This Dang Old.

Much Too Young

He looked at his large hands in shock. This wasn’t right. Tears trailed down his cheeks as he looked at his adult body. Why did it have to be him? Why did he have to save the world? His body may have changed, but he was still a child at heart. He was much too young.

He sighed deeply and looked up at the doors. He couldn’t afford to let his self-pity get in the way. But when he thought about the enormous task that lay before him he couldn’t help but feel pity. There seemed no end in sight to his tasks. He was much to young.

He wanted to just lay down and forget about his troubles, but he knew he couldn’t rest. He had already lost seven years. Who knew what Ganondorf had done in that amount of time? He climbed to his feet, his first destination clear. He had been told to go to Kakariko Village. If he started now he could make it by tomorrow night. He was much too young.

He walked out of the temple, pausing to call out every few seconds, but nobody answered him. That wasn’t a good sign. He shivered in fear. He was much too young for this. The town looked deserted except for a couple reDeads. The sky was black and red with smoke. The air was frigid and he shivered violently. He was much too young.

Navi silently floated beside him. She was the only thing he had that connected him to his youth. Everything else was different. With the town this bad he knew that his home had to have been harmed. Unable to take it any longer the Hero of Time fell to his knees and sobbed. He was much too young to feel this dang old.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 4:13 pm

This story was created for Toko's drabble contest. The theme for the first round was rain.

Here's how I did:
Casey Jewels' Nuisance: +3
volleygirl-8 Toko-9 flamehead-8
Total:28 (the highest score)

A Nuisance

“It’s always funny to watch people scurry to get out of the rain.”

Absol raised up his head at the sound of her voice, his unblinking red eyes watching his owner for any signals. However, the young woman’s hands remained motionless and, after a few moments, he lay his head back down at his front legs.

“They act as if it is some unwanted thing, a nuisance, if you will. But yet, without the rain they could not survive.” She let the tent flap fall back down and then walked deeper inside. Just before she stepped out of sight, she held up her index and her pointer finger, and then tapped them on her side.

The disaster Pokemon obeyed the order, focusing his sole attention on the doorway of the tent. They were in enemy territory; he had to keep up his guard.

“You ready for our next mission, Charm?” Her voice was muffled by the light brown ghutra wrapped around her head and the lower half of her face—desert clothing from their home—but still he caught her words clear as day. Absol gave a slight wag of his tail to show that he had heard her, while his gaze remained focused on the tent entrance.

Many moons had passed since the last time they had been on a mission. Travel had taken up most of that time, as they couldn’t be seen on the main roads or in the cities. Absol didn’t fully understand why, but he knew that, for some reason, everybody wanted Martina dead. Martina—that’s what everyone else called her, at least when they were being civil. He had heard her called worse names.

Martina walked past him right then, flicking her hand out. Without a sound, he climbed to his feet and followed her out of the tent that they had been “borrowing”. The rain pelted down on the two figures, but neither reacted to it. Absol’s curious eyes flickered towards the people running about in the construction site below, seeking a shelter of some kind. His owner was right; it was an almost funny sight.

“Charm.”

He turned, his eyes catching sight of the brown fabric that his owner was holding out towards him. “Hide and seek,” she told him, her voice blunt and serious. “This bridge can’t be built.”

The dog-like creature stepped forward a few steps and sniffed at the piece of clothing, fixing the target’s scent in his mind. The rain would make it more difficult to track the man, but he was confident that he could do it. After all, it was what was required of him by his owner.

Charm started down the slope, his pace swift and sure. He could hear his owner following after him, her pace nearly matching his. As he trotted downwards, his eyes flickered back over to the construction camp.

The rain was nothing compared to the fate that lay in store for these men, but only he and Martina knew it.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 11:00 pm

I was cleaning my room the other day, packing stuff for college, and I came across this piece of notebook paper that had a short fanfic written on it. I typed it up and revised it, and it is that revised version that you will see below. The idea for this story came when I was reading the sixth Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. The idea came to me when reading the pages 110 and 111, to be exact. The character Kami is mine, but the setting for this story is J. K. Rowling’s.

Silver Amulets

Silver eyes flickered back and forth, up and down, this way and that, as she drank in all of the sights and the smells of the place. Large groups of people were never something that the young teen was good with, but her curiosity had gotten the better of her once again. The place called Diagon Alley smelled interesting, though the once bright and colorful place looked as if it had gone through a war or some type of natural disaster. Many of the buildings were closed up with boarded windows, hidden behind a wall of purple posters—posters full of security advice and of sneering people who glared at the young teen as she made her way past them. The moving images weren’t the only ones watching her and anyone else who passed by. Shabby-looking stalls covered the sides of the streets, with those working in them calling out to the people rushing past, demanding attention. However, it was the smells that claimed the attention of the young teen. Some of the stalls smelled of books, while others had the musky scent of an ancient item that had been buried away for a long, and others smelled of the strange scent of magic, which never smelt the same, much like any living creature’s scent. Several times the teen slowed down to get a better look at the wares a particular stall offered, but never once did she come to a complete halt, not until her eyes landed on a cardboard sign pinned to a shabby-looking stall. Her breath caught in her throat and she could feel her entire body tense up and then start to tremble.

AMULETS
Effective Against Werewolves, Dementors, and Inferi

The seedy-looking wizard running the stall saw her looking and rattled an armful of silver symbols on chains at her. “One for you?” he called out to her, swinging the amulets even closer to her skinny figure.

Instantly the young teen paled and took a quick step back. “Uh…,” she stuttered, unsure of exactly what to say and do. This little wizard before her couldn’t possibly have any idea of what she was, could he?

“It’ll protect your pretty little neck,” he said to her when he saw her hesitate.

Immediately some of the tension fled her body; he didn’t know. “I can see how it can protect you from werewolves,” she said to him, scoffing him. “But dementors and inferi…? I don’t think so.”

“So you doubt the power of these amulets?” He rattled them again, causing another tremor to run through her body. If he noticed, however, he didn’t say anything about it.

“Yes, I do,” she said in reply to his question, a grim smile on her face. “Dementors and inferi don’t have any problems with silver—only werewolves do. Still, the only thing those amulets can do is help to keep werewolves away. If a werewolf is really determined, a silver amulet isn’t going to stop her.”

“And how would you know?” he asked, his friendly smile turning into something a little darker.

In an instant, Kami realized that she had said too much. “My father was bitten,” she said without even batting an eye, but she knew that the damage had already been done. “My mother tried to keep him away with silver, but that didn’t work. Now, if you’d excuse me…”

She walked away from him without waiting for a response. The breath she hadn’t known she had been holding burst from her lips as she left the presence of the silver and she drew in several quick breaths. That had been close.

The young teen felt eyes on her back and stole a quick close behind her to see that the wizard was watching her. The werewolf hurriedly ducked her head and quickened her pace, knowing that she had to flee this place, if she was to survive.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Here's my entry for the third round of the Drabble Contest. I was experimenting with first person, as I don't write much in it.

Title: Surprise
Summary: Molly and Don Wei “talk” out their differences in views on racing and pilots.
Rating: K+
Fanfiction Used: Oban: Star-Racers
Word Count: 385

They call this a team, but I’m the only one that isn’t wanted here. I’m nothing but a surprise to them all. Even my own father doesn’t want me here… Not that he even recognizes me for his daughter, of course.

“Molly!”

There he is, right on cue.

“Molly, what did you think you were doing?!”

“Rick’s hurt. You wanted a replacement pilot. Why not me?” The words come out loud, rushed, and angry. I can’t help it. I’m furious at everyone, but especially him, for not giving me the chance I deserve. He just thinks that I’m a waste of space, that I’m good for nothing. I don’t understand why. Things didn’t used to be this way.

“You’re nothing but a little girl who doesn’t know how to stay in line,” he responds as his fingers curl into fists inside his white gloves. “We don’t need you. You’re just a surprise, and I hate surprises.”

“Well…” I start to respond back, but he cuts in before I can even get started.

“Get that ridiculous rocket seat out of my star racer. The race is about to start and I am racing. This is…”

This time it’s him who is cut off as I climb to my feet and open up my mouth. “I’m surprised that you even have a team that works for you. As for me, I’d rather die than work together with you.”

Even though the words are spoken in anger, I can’t help but mean them. This man is not the father I used to know. This man is not the father I had been looking forward to reuniting with. The kind and caring man I once knew is gone now, and an angry and impossible man is left in his place.

“Molly,” he growls through clenched teeth as he take several steps forward, a fist raised. “Remove the seat.”

“No. We can still win this race!”

He stares at me for a moment, the angry expression slowly fading away. Then he lets out a sigh and I know that I’ve won.

Now it’s time to prove to my father that I’m just as great of a star racer as my mother was.

Then he’ll have to love me again.

Then we can be a family again.

I just know it.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Two Strangers and a Funeral (or something)
1) Pick two fictional characters--from any book, movie, TV show, Comic, Song, Play, Ect.
2) Put them in a scenario they might or might not be familiar with, in a place they most definitely are not familiar with.
3) Write! Each character must be IC, and written in the style of the original author.

Here is my piece for Chapter 7 of the drabble contest. This one was the hardest yet, though I think that the hardest part was finding two characters who would work well together for such a short story. Also, upon writing up the first draft, I had slightly over 1000 words, when the limit was 750, so I had to do some serious subtracting. There really was no distinct style of writing for these two, as they both come from shows, but I did try to work that in with things such as their movements and, in Eva’s case, her thoughts (also, the title of the piece is similar to the Oban show titles). And I know that Eva isn’t out of her show setting, but Alwas isn’t that familiar a place to her, so I figured that it would count.

Now that I got all of that out of the way…

Tough Like Toph
Word Count: 745
Summary: Eva receives a little advice from a certain earthbender who has been in a similar situation as Eva is in now.
Rating: K
Characters/Fictions used: Toph Bei Fong from Avatar: The Last Airbender; Eva Wei from Oban: Star-Racers

A young tomboy walked along the beach, her bare feet sinking into the sands and her green and yellow clothing in disarray. Her light green eyes stared straight ahead of her, not seeing the land around her. It was obvious that she was quite alone.

No.

The blind girl paused for a moment and then shoved her right foot down hard out in front of her, searching for something a little more solid. The earth was her eyes, but the shifting sands made it harder to gain a clear picture of the world around her.

A boulder rested about twenty feet in front of her, but she had already known that. What she hadn’t sensed before was the girl behind it.

The blind girl ran up to the other, slowing her pace only as she touched the girl’s back.

Eva Wei, as the other girl was called, rubbed once at her tears and then spun around, ready to tell off Jordan, but the gunner wasn’t there. Her angry expression faltered at the sight of Toph, but then returned as she turned away.

“What do you want?” she asked hotly, too irritated to be nice.

“I want to know why you’re crying, Sourpuss,” the other girl said as she plopped down in the sand beside her. Her tone wasn’t harsh, just a mixture of arrogance and curiosity, like she had some right to know. As if.

“I don’t recall Alwas having any laws about being forced to tell a stranger anything,” Eva muttered. Her red eyes stared out at the ocean without seeing the beauty of it.

“Sometimes talking about things help, and you seem like somebody who is keeping a lot of things bottled inside. You’re living a lie.”

Eva growled and turned her head away. “You sound like Satis, only louder and more aggressive.” Where is he, anyways? He usually shows up at times like these.

“So, what happened?”

Eva growled at the question and folded her arms across her chest. “We lost the race today, that’s what happened.” No longer was her voice harsh, but instead she sounded defeated. “I thought that I could do it, that the Earth Team really stood a chance, but now…”

The strange girl shifted around in the sand, immersing her toes in the stuff and leaning back onto her hands. “I must admit that I don’t really understand a lot of what you’ve said, but I don’t think that your tears have anything to do with racing, does it?” When Eva didn’t say anything, she continued speaking. “This has to do with pretending to be someone else.” There was a moment’s silence and then she smiled. “I’m right, aren’t I?”

Eva stared wide-eyed at Toph. “How did you find out?” How does a total stranger see it, when not even my own father can?

“I did the same once.” She pushed the sand around with her toes. “When my parents couldn’t see the real me. It hurts, but what else can we do?”

“Yeah,” Eva whispered. Her gaze dropped down to just before her, where the waves washed up over the sand. “What else can we do? I thought… that everything would be just as it had been before if I came to see him. It had been so many years, and I had just told myself that he was too busy, but then… He didn’t even recognize me!” She shouted the words, not caring who heard them. A four-winged seagull took to the air, startled at the sudden noise, and flew down the coast. Eva watched it and then blinked as she saw the familiar form of Satis walking towards them.

“Maybe you just need to remind him of what he is missing,” Toph said. She turned her head in the direction of Satis and then climbed to her feet. She took a step towards the alien, and then paused. “I’m not an expert at reconciling with parents, but moping around isn’t going to accomplish anything. You can’t be afraid to take chances, to live your life.”

Eva stared Toph’s back as she walked away, blinking to hold the tears at bay. Is that all there is to it? Remind him of what things used to be like? The ultimate prize was supposed to do that, but maybe there was another way to make him love her again.

She lifted up a hand and waved at the girl, calling out a single word.

“Thanks!”

For everything.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 1:05 am

This is the first story out of five dealing with Aang/Airbending/Air Nomads. I'm taking a World Religions class, and my personal project for it is showing how Avatar: The Last Airbender relates to some of the eastern religions.

This story deals with Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism, and the ideas of enlightenment, detachment, and one's soul not being weighed down. Also, I really love Loopy777's writing style of abstract, but yet concrete, and so I tried to write this in a similar style. Not sure how well I did with that, but... I'm happy with it.

Airbending

“The wind will carry you. It supports something inside you, something even lighter than air, and that something takes over when you fly.”
- Teo

His first breath was that of freedom.

That was the only way he could describe the air, the wind. How could it be anything else?

The air was light, and he was lighter. His body weighed next-to-nothing, and he practically flew across the ground when he moved. A simple sneeze would send him flying high into the air; a light shove would nearly push him over backwards. He twirled and whirled and swayed, moving like a feather in the breeze of life. For this, the earth called him Twinkletoes.

Nothing could hold him down. He was a part of the world, but yet detached from it. The air could never meld with the earth, and so he could not fully be a part of the world around him. Always would there be something that would set him apart, something that would keep him separated from those around him. The woman he loved had recognized that early on, and had learned how to let him go. The wind was flexible, but persistent, and the lesson had been much harder for him to learn.

In the process of learning to let go of her, he had also learned how to let go of other things as well. Fear, shame, and regret were all things that had weighed him down, and so he had to learn how to let them go before he could truly soar. Weighed down, the wind would cease to be the wind.

This release caused him to grow stronger.

But while the wind was a powerful thing…

…it possessed a gentle nature.

It was this gentle nature that charmed others. He always had a smile on his face, always knew how to laugh. He could work his way into the most hardened of hearts and could cause the biggest doubters to believe. His wind touched others, and lifted them up from where they had fallen.

He could fly, really fly, with nothing more than a gentle breeze to carry him.

The air was light.

But he was lighter,

for he had

an Airbender’s spirit.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Story two out of five.

You know those times you're writing a story about a specific thing and it turns into something else? Yeah, that was this.

It was supposed to be solely about Buddhism's reincarnation, specifically the Dalai Lama's reincarnation of knowing which toys were his from past lives, but then I started wondering about Aang's mom, as we know just about nothing about her.

“You chose them from among thousands of toys, Aang. The toys you picked were the four Avatar relics. These items belonged to Avatars past. Your own past lives… You chose them because they were familiar.”
- Elder Air Nomad Monk

“You have to let him go.”

The young mother turned at the soft-spoken words, to see a monk she knew well. He was dressed in the yellow and red of the Air Nomad robes, just as she was, and his once brown mustache had turned grey with the advance of old age. She met his blue eyes for a brief moment, and then turned back. “I know, Gyatso,” she whispered. “But if it’s him…, I would like to know.”

He stopped next to her, but neither of them touched. Gyatso would be remaining here, while she left on her journey for enlightenment. But the hardest part wasn’t letting go of Gyatso (how could it be, when she had known him only a few months?), but in letting go of her young child. She wanted to be there for him, to care for him and to raise him, but it was not the Air Nomad way.

The child inside the room was unaware of his mother’s feelings, or even that Gyatso had joined her. Instead he was gurgling happily as his unsteady steps took him from one pile to another of toys. There were thousands of them, from all over the world. Some were spinning tops, some music makers, others stuffed animals…, and still there were many more. The woman was only concerned with four of the toys in the room, however, as was the monk. Four toys, out of thousands, could tell them if this was the child who the whole world was searching for.

The young boy paused, swaying uncertainly before abruptly sitting down as his legs gave out. The woman took half-a-step forward, but then paused and stepped back. She could not interfere, no matter how much her heart leapt towards him. He was a little younger than was the norm to go through this process, but there had been unsettling changes in the Fire nation since Avatar Roku’s death. Gyatso had been the one to tell her this, as he had been friends with the former Avatar, and so she trusted him.

The babe crawled forward, his wide grey eyes focused on the pile of toys before him.

“Do you think…?”

Gyatso turned slightly, offering the woman a smile. “He could be. Some friendships transcend lifetimes.”

She turned her head, to answer the monk back, but a happy gurgle from her child drew her attention back to him, just in time to see him waving a wooden turtle around. Gyatso gave a nod of his head. “One,” he murmured softly.

The woman bit her lip, but said nothing. Being the Avatar was a great honor, but it was not a fate she would want for herself.

Only a few minutes later was the second toy chosen, a spinner, and it was she this time that whispered the number. “Two.”

The babe’s search was more focused now, as if looking for something he knew to be there. It didn’t take him long, either. Soon the monkey toy was added to the child’s collection, and all that was left was the noisemaker.

“He’s the one,” the woman breathed. “He’s…”

The yellow and red noisemaker was picked up and the child laughed with joy.

Gyatso gave a grave nod of his head. “Indeed.” His eyes met hers. “If you stay, it will just make things harder on him, and yourself.”

She nodded and turned to leave. “Take care of him.” She started to walk away, but found that she had more to say. “Take care of the Avatar, for the world. Take care of Aang, for me.” Before Monk Gyatso could respond, she was gone, never to see her son again.

He was the Avatar, a reincarnation of a being that had been around for as long as anyone could remember. His job was to keep the world in balance, while she wished for enlightment.

The child laughed again as he stared at the four toys in his hands—the four toys of the Avatar.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:17 pm

The third story of five for my World Religions project.

This one stems from Hinduism. The concept of everything being one is called jyana, while the chakra dealing with this is called sahasrara. Gurus are found in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Sikhism.

I watched the Book 2 finale followed by The Western Air Temple, and thus this is why this story is set when it is.

Sahasrara

“The sixth pool of energy is the Light chakra, located in the center of the forehead. It deals with insight and is blocked by illusion. The greatest illusion of this world is the illusion of separation. Things you think are separate and different are actually one and the same.”
- Guru Pathik

Aang didn’t sleep well the night following the Fire Nation Prince’s request to join their group. It wasn’t just his uneasiness about knowing Zuko was so close by, but also about what the prince had said to him earlier.

The plan of taking down the Fire Lord during the solar eclipse had been anything but successful, and now, as Sokka put it, the new plan was the old plan. He was back to needing to master all four elements, and fire was the only one he didn’t know.

But it was also fire he feared, and he had been quick to shoot down any ideas his three friends came up with. He didn’t want to learn fire anymore than he was ready to trust a firebender in their group. Hadn’t he told Zuko ‘no’ for that very reason?

He could hear the snores of his friends all around him, and knew that they were not as worried as he.

Why couldn’t he just let his worry flow down the creek?

“I’m never going to firebend again.”

The words drifted through his mind, reminding him of the time he had spoken them. He had been in the Earth Kingdom then, with Guru Pathik.

A heavy sigh escaped the young monk’s lips and he rolled over, onto his back, to look up at the night sky.

Everything was one—air, water, earth, and even fire. The Avatar was the representation of this, as he was the only being who could use all four elements. In denying firebending, he was also denying the Fire Nation—and that threw the world out of balance.

But he was scared. He had seen what fire could do; he had harmed the woman he loved with that very element. How could…? No.

“I can’t,” he whispered and closed his eyes tightly.

Images came to him, of the Air Temple he had grown up in, of the two Water Tribes and their homes, of the various Earth Kingdom towns, and of the Fire Lord’s palace. Everywhere there had been benders, and from each place Avatars past had been born.

His brow furrowed.

Water was found in all living things; air gave breath to all life; life lived on the solid earth; fire gave warmth to the world. Like the Guru had taught him, everything was one. Life was just an illusion; separation was just an illusion. However much he hated to admit it, fire was a part of who he was, as a living creature and especially as the Avatar.

“What are you thinking about?”

His eyes flew open at the feminine voice and he felt his heart go pitter-patter as he turned to see the young waterbender sitting up, watching him with her concerned blue eyes.

“I…” He sat up as well, but his eyes fell to the ground.

“This isn’t about Zuko, is it? Don’t let what he said bother you. He’s already tried that trick on me once. He hasn’t changed, Aang.”

Her words were spoken with anger and he wanted to agree with her, but the young monk couldn’t quite bring himself to do it. Again and again the words echoed in his mind, that everything was one.

“I… just want to sleep,” he said to her. To prove his point, he lay back down and turned his back on her. What he really wanted was someone to talk to about all of this, but knew that she would not understand.

“If you’re sure…”

“I’m sure.”

He heard her lay back down, and it wasn’t long before her breathing slowed and she dropped off to sleep. It was much longer before he could join her, and only after coming to a very hard conclusion.

He could not deny firebending without denying himself.

Air. Water. Earth. Fire.

Everything was one.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:19 pm

Four out of my five stories for my World Religions project. The sequel follows directly after.

In Hinduism, the avatars are beings that come to earth to preserve the people and the world, which is the Avatar's role in this show. Also, in Buddhism there are the bodhisattvas, who are people who put aside their spiritual journey in other to help other people on their own spiritual journeys. Aang isn't trying to help people reach enlightenment, but he is putting aside his spiritual needs to fulfill his role as the Avatar.

Bodhisattva

“Many great and wise air nomads have detached themselves and achieved spiritual enlightenment, but the Avatar can never do it because your sole duty is to the World. Here is my wisdom for you, selfless duty calls you to sacrifice your own spiritual needs and do whatever it takes to protect the World.”

The last airbender drew in a deep breath of air. He stood tall on the rock column, his grey, almost brown, eyes watching as the fleet of Fire Nation airships came closer to him. One ship was ahead of all the rest, and it was there he knew his foe to be.

The sky turned a blood red, announcing the arrival of Sozin’s Comet. He could feel it, the sudden increase of his fire power with the arrival of the comet. The Fire Lord would feel this same increase, and he would know better how to harness the comet’s powers.

Aang quickly pushed those thoughts away, knowing that now was not the time to doubt.

Fire erupted from the front of the airship and hit the ground. There was a continuous stream, a wall of fire. Nothing could have prepared him for the sight of so much of it, and he could feel the heat as the wall came closer to him.

If he didn’t act now, the Fire Lord would engulf the entire world in flames.

The monk drew in one last deep breath and then he attacked. His attacks were indirect—aimed at the airship instead of the Fire Lord—but it was enough to stop the stream of fire, and to send the air ship plummeting towards the ground.

The Fire Lord leapt from the falling ship, and came at the airbender. There was no mercy in his eyes.

The young monk had no choice but to fight back, throwing the four elements at the Fire Lord. Always his attacks were blocked or dodged, just as he blocked or dodged the Fire Lord’s. Though he was only a child, and the Fire Lord was a master of the art of firebending, the two were evenly matched.

However, the Fire Lord’s desire to rid himself of the Avatar was intense, and his bending was direct and powerful because of it. The monk did not want to kill, and so while his attacks were powerful, they were never killing strikes.

Then the monk was hit, and suddenly he was on the defensive, expecting each moment to be his last. He was scared, and desperate. He couldn’t do it; he couldn’t kill the Fire Lord.

His defenses were shattered under the constant reign of fire and he was thrown back. He hit one of the rocky columns and, for a moment, all he was aware of was pain. Then he felt the power, washing over him, as the Avatar State took hold. He didn’t call it upon himself, the power of all the Avatars past, but still it came.

The fight started anew then, this time with the Avatar on the offensive and the Fire Lord on the defensive. Aang was scarcely aware of what he was doing, but only of what was the Avatar’s will. He had to defeat the Fire Lord for the world, no matter what the cost.

He attacked again and again, relentlessly pursuing the Fire Lord. His strength only grew as Ozai’s waned.

The Fire Lord didn’t rise as he was slammed into one of the rocky columns. He could do little more than raise his head, as the earth engulfed his hands and feet, and the Avatar drifted closer.

“Fire Lord Ozai, you and your forefathers have devastated the balance of this world, and now you shall pay the ultimate price.”

All four elements rose up, spiraling together—air, water, earth, and fire—before rapidly falling towards the Fire Lord.

This was the final blow in one hundred years of war, to attain peace in the world, and it went against everything Aang had ever been taught.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Five out of five of my stories, and a direct sequel to the story directly above.

I struggled a lot of what to write with this one. I knew I would write it on Buddhism's principle of ahimsa, or non-injury/non-violence, but I couldn't figure out what to actually do for it. Then I wrote up Bodhisattva and thought that it would work well as a follow up.

Ahimsa

“…the monks always taught me that all life is sacred. Even the life of the tiniest spider-fly caught in its own web… I’m even a vegetarian. I’ve always tried to solve my problems by being quick or clever and I’ve only had to use violence for necessary defense and I’ve certainly never used it to take a life… Everyone, even my own past lives, are expecting me to end someone’s life. But I don’t know if I can do it.”
- Aang

The final blow never came, as the elements dropped lifelessly to the ground. The glow left the young monk’s tattoos and he landed on the ground, next to the exhausted Fire Lord. In an instant, he was no longer the Avatar, but just a tired boy, with a heavy weight on his shoulders.

“No,” he whispered. “I’m not going to end it like this.”

He wasn’t facing the Fire Lord, but he was aware the second that Ozai made his move. He couldn’t explain it, but he could just sense it, could just “see” it. He didn’t turn, but struck behind him, immobilizing the Fire Lord once more with the earth. He brought the once powerful firebender to his knees, and then placed a hand on Ozai’s chest and head. He closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath, remembering the words of the ancient Lion Turtle.

A force more powerful than his own lifted his head towards the sky, and a blue light shot from his eyes and his mouth. A few seconds later, a red light emitted from the Fire Lord. Their bodies were both engulfed in these lights, as time itself seemed to freeze.

The power was immense and overwhelming. This was the pure energy, what had been bended before the elements.

He could feel Ozai’s heart beating, along with the hatred and rage of the older man. The power of the other was overwhelming, and the monk found his own power dwindling in the presence of the Fire Lord’s. He tried to hold on, tried to push back, tried to be unbendable.

This was the only way he could defeat the Fire Lord without killing him.

He felt his energy slipping, disappearing, waning, as it was engulfed by Ozai’s own energy.

For so long, he had thought there was no other way. Everyone had told him he would have to kill, that he would have to take a life, but now he knew that he didn’t have to. He could save the world without killing, but he had to be strong. He could not fail the world again.

In that instant, when he thought it was all over, he felt his power return, and suddenly he was the one pushing the other’s energy away. The hatred of the red energy vanished, and both were engulfed in the calming blue.

In that instant, Aang released Ozai, and both of them fell back. It was Aang who rose to his feet, standing tall as he stared down at the once powerful Fire Lord. The older man tried to attack him, tired to throw a stream of fire at him, but nothing happened.

“What… what did you do to me?”

“I took away your firebending. You can’t use it to hurt or threaten anyone else every again.” The monk smiled inside as he spoke those words.

He had found a way to restore balance to the world—a way that allowed him to remain the peaceful Air Nomad he was inside.

(Btw, I got an A+ for this assignment. Smile )
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Okay, most of these are amazing.

And the one that really caught my attention was the Legend of Zelda themed one, because I am a sucker for anything relating to the series, much more Ocarina of Time, lol. It was quite good, and I can understand what the story is trying to say. Very good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Thanks!

I actually have a larger Zelda project, that I started back when I wrote fanfiction on a regular basis, but it's been put on hold for my original works... I plan on picking it up again after my edits on Midnight and after a second novel I have in the works is largely taken care of. So, it will be awhile, but I'm excited to get back to it. I'll probably put it on New Worlds once I get to it.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 11:40 pm

Larger Zelda project?! Aw, man....Okay, lol. I like basically any type, though I prefer some of the more mysterious ones, like Link's Awakening or Majora's Mask. Yay, lol.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:05 am

It's an epic tale, and a somewhat sequel to one of the games. It's probably going to be 100,000 words when it is all said and done, as I've realized within the past six months that that is what I write novels at. This story has action, adventure, mystery, and possibly a little romance on the side. So, it's basically a Zelda novel.

I want to release it one chapter a week, which means I need to work up a buffer of completed chapters (not just written, but edited and all that jazz). I want to have at least half of it done before I start releasing it.
Back to top Go down
rcox1995

rcox1995

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:16 pm

Alright. It sounds really good...

Can't wait, lol.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:30 pm

I did (try to) participate in Tokka Week last week, but August has been a very busy month... I just finished with the last piece today. Each day had a certain prompt, which I used for the title of each piece.

None of these have been edited, and no research has been done to ensure that their all accurate with the show.

Alone
Toph could hear their laughter, as it echoed across the duck pond. He pointed, leaning back and putting his other arm slightly behind the warrior girl, and his mouth moved again, forming words. Again, they laughed.

The earthbender brought her right arm to her chest and bit her lip. She could not hear their words, but she could feel their slightest movement—including the rapid beating of their hearts.

She bit her lip and placed one hand on the rough bark of the tall tree beside her, to help steady her trembling frame.

The beautiful warrior girl leaned against the handsome warrior guy, and the tomboy bowed her head. Was this what a breaking heart felt like?

She reached out a hand, silently grasping at the man she could never have. He cared for her, but not in the same way she cared for him. He was everything she could ever want; but she was blind, and acted more like a male than he did at times. The warrior girl was a fighter too, but she was graceful in combat, like a swan. There was never a question that she was a girl.

The warrior girl slid her hand into Sokka’s, and his heart went pitter-patter. Toph couldn’t remember one time she had caused the waterbender’s heart to do that.

Their faces moved towards one another, with both of their hearts beating faster and faster.

No!

They kissed, and Toph ran, with saltwater streaming down her face.

Here, at the Fire Lord’s palace, she was with her friends, but yet she had never felt more alone.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:32 pm

Here's the next piece for Tokka Week. I'm not quite sure when this takes place. It could be after the war, but I almost see it as Toph and Sokka hanging out alone while hiding in the Fire Nation, which would place it during Book 3.

Touch
“You know I can’t swim.”

“Just trust me.”

She bit her lip, but gave a short nod. “I do trust you, Sokka. And it’s not like I’m scared, or anything.” Her arm shot out and caught him in the chest, pushing back a few steps. “Out of the way.”

She stepped forward, not even flinching as the cool water washed over her foot. Her toes sunk into the ooze, and she wiggled her toes. She then slipped her other foot into the river, again allowing her toes to have their fun in the mud.

She heard a splash beside her, as Sokka jumped in. Some of the water hit her clothing, and she grinned. “Is that a challenge?”

“Wha…?”

But before he had time to even finish a single word, she had sent some water flying at him. He laughed, and then they went at it. Her laughter mingled with his as the water flew all around them.

She could feel his heart beating faster, could feel his muscles moving with ease at the simple activity, and she could feel every move he was making, though he remained several feet away from her as they fought. What she didn’t notice was how deep she herself was moving into the river.

The young earthbender let out a cry of surprise as she suddenly stepped off of the ledge, falling into the deeper, swifter waters of the river. She let out a cry, but it was cut short as water rushed into her mouth and as darkness took over her vision.

Sheer panic overwhelmed her, as she struggled about wildly, trying to find solid earth again, trying to see. And then she felt it—the touch of Sokka’s hand as he grasped onto her.

He pulled her to the bank of the river and hovered over her anxiously, unsure of what to do as she coughed up the river water. She took in a big gulp of air and then gave him a light smack on his arm.

“Thanks,” she grunted.

His expression changed to puzzlement for a moment, as he rubbed his arm, but then his mouth turned up into a smile and he sat down next to her. “I know how you can’t swim.”

She leaned back, placing her hand beside him, and he leaned back as well, his hand sliding over hers.

This time, it wasn’t the excitement of a water fight that set their hearts to beating—it was their touch.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:33 pm

The third piece for Tokka Week, sometime in early Book 3.

Moonlight
“Camp is…” He smiled as he gestured at the meadow before them.

“Not there.”

The warrior dropped his arm as he stared at the wildflowers shining in the moonlight. He heard Toph step up beside him, but his gaze remained on the empty meadow. “Oh. I thought…”

Toph patted him on the back. He nearly fell over at what he assumed were her ‘gentle’ pats of ‘comfort’, but his warrior pride caused him to pretend that they didn’t hurt. Instead, he straightened up and cleared his throat.

“I’m sure that it’s the next one. Let’s get going, Toph.”

They both started across the meadow, Toph unusually quiet behind him. Halfway across, she reached and grabbed onto his arm. His hand instantly made its way to his boomerang, and he glanced around the surrounding forest, searching for any sign of danger. But there was only the slight swaying of branches from the soft breeze, and the beautiful blue flowers all around them.

She tugged on his arm, and he slowly turned, still searching for danger. His blue eyes landed on her light green ones, and he realized with a start that there was no danger, only a beautiful maiden standing before him. Wait… He had never thought of her as beautiful before. She was just… Toph, the greatest earthbender in the world. She wasn’t…

No, like the flowers of the meadow, she was beautiful, in the moonlight.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” she asked, her voice breaking the trance he was under.

He grinned. “I just realized how beautiful you are.”

She blushed, and his smile widened.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:36 pm

This Tokka piece came out way different than what it started out as... When I started writing it, I was picturing this happening just a few weeks after the big finale, but then it turned into years as I wrote more...

Boomerang!
Toph clutched the sword tightly in her hands as she trudged up the steep hill. Grass covered the slope, except for a well-worn path that was now nothing more than dirt. A few flowers had sprung up here and there, as spring worked its magic on the Fire Nation soil. She could also feel the water thundering by below the cliff, and could hear its muffled sound from where she walked.

She paused for a moment, as she neared the top, and shifted the sword around so that it rested in both her hands. She could feel the rust on the blade, after so many years of resting underwater, but still she hoped that it would make him smile again, that it would make him crack jokes.

Two months had passed since their baby had gone to sleep and had never woken up. She was growing to accept the loss, but his grief only seemed to worsen as the days went on.

“It appears you have a visitor,” the old voice of Piando said, and the master swordsman turned to greet Toph. The young man sitting beside him, however, simply continued staring out into the falls without really seeing them.

Toph bit her lip, then shook the concern off of her face as she slid down next to Sokka. “Here,” she whispered, as she held out the rusted sword to her husband.

He silently took the sword from her, and held it close, but his gaze never left the falls.

Silence. Piando left them without a word, sensing it was best to leave the grieving couple alone.

“It took me a long time to find it,” Toph finally said, as she glanced over at the Water Tribe warrior. “Even with my way of seeing.”

He said nothing for a moment, just stared, then, “Boomerang never came back.”

She bit her lip, fighting back the tears. “No,” she whispered. “I don’t think… Boomerang’s not coming back, Sokka.” She laid her head on his shoulder, and he slowly wrapped an arm around her, pulling her close.

They sat that way, for quite some time. The sun dipped down lower and lower in the sky, and the water rushed onwards. A light breeze blew, playing with Toph’s loose hair, but she hardly noticed it.

Finally, as the sun was reaching the horizon, Sokka shifted, glancing down at the sword he had clutched for so many hours.

“Can we make a new boomerang?” he whispered, a finger brushing over the rust on his beloved sword.

Toph looked up at him, a smile on her face. “Yes, we can.”
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:36 pm

Day five of Tokka Week.

Invisible
Sokka didn’t feel comfortable around girls. Well, that wasn’t exactly true. He was fine around Katara and Toph, and around the women in his tribe, and Mai and Ty Lee and even Azula. (Okay, so that last one wasn’t exactly true. She still gave him the creeps.) He just wasn’t comfortable around the girls he was tried to impress.

Yue must have thought that he was an idiot, when they had first met.

And he had insulted Suki.

Ty Lee seemed to have had a small crush on him at one point, but he hadn’t liked her back and she had been the enemy then, so there was no awkwardness there.

He had grown more comfortable around Suki, the more they had hung out, and now that the war was over and he didn’t have to worry about the Fire Nation and their birds any longer, he found himself with much more free time to think about Suki, and to be with her.

Still, there was always a nagging feeling in the back of his mind, that he was missing something, and it grew stronger whenever he spent time with his girl. He tried to ignore it, he really did, but finally the warrior had to admit to himself that there was a problem.

But then he ran into an even bigger problem. What was the problem that was causing his problem?

For weeks he pulled away from Suki, to try to figure it out, but though the earthbender was constantly around him, he never saw her as the cause.

To him, she was just another one of the guys.

And because of that, she was invisible.
Back to top Go down
Casey Jewels

Casey Jewels

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Here's Day 6 of Tokka Week.

Sympathy
“What’s the deal?” The earthbender had her arms crossed before her and was leaning against the doorframe, her light green eyes staring at the warrior before her.

He was sitting at the edge of his bed, his muscles legs kicking back and forth slowly and a worn expression on his face. He glanced once in her direction, and then returned his gaze to the open window and the full moon that lit up the night sky.

“Well?”

He didn’t answer for a moment, but let out a soft sigh. “The moon is sure beautiful tonight.”

She stared at him, an eyebrow raised. What did the…? Wait! That play they had watched so many months ago—the Water Tribe princess had become the moon. In an instant, her rough and tough attitude faded away.

“It happened a year ago, didn’t it?” she asked and hesitantly took a few steps towards Sokka. Was it right for her to be here, interrupting his time with her. Sokka gave a slight nod, and the pang of jealousy in Toph’s heart grew at that simple action. She strove to fight it off, as it was no use being jealous of a girl that was no longer alive.

Toph slid next to Sokka and placed an arm around his shoulders. “I’m here for you. You know that, right?”

“Yeah, I know.”

His head rested against hers, and their fingers intertwined.

“I know.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)   Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fanfictionous Goodies - Together (Princess Tutu)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New Worlds Roleplaying :: General :: Art, Writing, Graphics and More-
Jump to: